Disney injuction request had been accepted by Delhi High Court which later ordered Indian ISP's to block 118 pirate domains

Detective Conan

Contributor
Reaction score
The High Court in New Delhi has approved an injunction request submitted by Disney Enterprises, targeting 118 pirate domains in the country. Disney had filed injunction in high court which had been accepted by Delhi high court which then later ordered Indian Indian service providers to block the mentioned 118 pirate website domains . I think its good move by them though, people can go around by using VPN - most people would be demotivated to use pirate sites .which would be good for content creators and Digital streaming platforms .

Indian ISPs to Block 118 Pirate Domains Following Disney Injunction

This list includes 37 popular anime streaming illegal sites like Gogo anime, 9anime, kissanime etc.

I don't know what problem does Disney has with anime in India ? Where on Indian tv there is no anime apart from kids one.

I didn't thought they would block anime sites - which surprised me , i only assumed they must have blocked them for live action/animated series sites which makes me think - may be they might include anime in their streaming service indirectly through hulu in future that's why they decided to block these sites as they want to start fighting with Netflix even in anime.

other possibility could be the Japanese anime which are dubbing which would be aired in all digital streaming apps in India in dubbed version they might have told Disney to block these sites to make their dubbed series reach more viewers legally and pirate sites don't end up disturb their promotion of legal dubbed anime in India as present dubbed anime series are illegally recorded and uploaded in pirate sites which ends up reducing channels trp and investment .

edit - redited as frgt to mention other imp points

Last edited:
Disney is afraid of the popularity Japanese manga and anime have all over the world.

Western animation can never compete with Anime with respect to the diverse content, rich production and niche appeal.

Anime is light years ahead of American animation.mas
If Japanese companies had properly exploited Indian market, then Disney would have tough competition.

During the 90s Jungle Book anime was a eternal superhit and still a favourite till date. After Hungama launched Kochikame, Doraemon and Sinchan became cult hits and they are still holding on to their appeal among kids.

I didn't thought they would block anime sites - which surprised me , i only assumed they must have blocked them for live action/animated series sites which makes me think - may be they might include anime in their streaming service indirectly through hulu in future that's why they decided to block these sites as they want to start fighting with Netflix even in anime.

other possibility could be the Japanese anime which are dubbing which would be aired in all digital streaming apps in India in dubbed version they might have told Disney to block these sites to make their dubbed series reach more viewers legally and pirate sites don't end up disturb their promotion of legal dubbed anime in India as present dubbed anime series are illegally recorded and uploaded in pirate sites which ends up reducing channels trp and investment .

edit - redited as frgt to mention other imp points
They are banning just to safeguard their western trash animation. Disney has no plan to add anime. It will decrease value of their own property. Why would they create competition? I will never subscribe to Disney +. Will always use piracy for their content for now on. Let this company fall. Will always pray for that!

If you are banning something, you need to provide that to your own audience first. Who among these OTT have one piece? How i will watch One piece on every Sunday now? VPN will slow the connection. Netflix is far better than these. They are listening to us. Adding anime on demand. Not like this Disney who is trying to kill competition. I am really pissed off! Hope they will never have monopoly. Otherwise they will do the same, they are doing with star sports. Always showing cricket on that channel. Same way they will always add Wester animation on their OTT!

Crunchyroll has 47 million audience.. Kissanime has triple of it's across the world, same others like Gogo Anime, 9anime etc. They're having audiences in billions. Nobody can stop piracy in terms of anime because these legal streaming sites don't have all animes. So everyone will pirate somehow.. Even if you block 2-4 next 40-50 sites will be born. Nobody can stop piracy. If Disney is banning then they should provide anime on its streaming site Disney+ Hotstar.

Disney is afraid of the popularity Japanese manga and anime have all over the world.

Western animation can never compete with Anime with respect to the diverse content, rich production and niche appeal.

If Japanese companies had properly exploited Indian market, then Disney would have tough competition.

During the 90s Jungle Book anime was a eternal superhit and still a favourite till date. After Hungama launched Kochikame, Doraemon and Sinchan became cult hits and they are still holding on to their appeal among kids.
Even Disney's Marvel Universe comics can't beat manga's. One Piece has pretty heavy sales ranked 3rd in the world, within few years it will surpass Batman and Superman. In America also people are nowadays loving anime more over Western shows and western cartoons. In my office almost everyone has seen Naruto, My Hero Academia, Demon Slayer, Attack on Titan etc.

Blocking Anime websites by Disney is only to safeguard its own interests of keeping audiences to its own western animation

They are banning just to safeguard their western trash animation. Disney has no plan to add anime. It will decrease value of their own property. Why would they create competition? I will never subscribe to Disney +. Will always use piracy for their content for now on. Let this company fall. Will always pray for that!

Thanks guys for pointing that out , never imagined Disney would be afraid of anime that they would stoop this low, as you guys even they themself have made anime short series in marvel in joint venture with japenese anime studio , even worked in one of their popular 3d animated film *may be because it was japenese hero by marvel" . Hope Disnney realizes as they themself has observed japenese anime is gaining viewesrhip worldwide if they are going to ban , i do agree with your views they should make sure anime is made available in their apps , otherwise its a observed that when good things are banned/blocked unnecessarily- it ends up increasing curiosity of people who end up trying to watch the block content with more motivation . I really hate it , i really wish all international digital content companies could have used this power to instead ban/block hate speech - harmful websites rather than block the good anime/animation contents they them self wont provide.

Only if they provide the content them-self i would have understood why they decided to take this action . By taking over something they cant sustain for longer - they should instead admit the competition and improve their content which would motivate people to support them.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock