Disney+ Hotstar streaming service plans to limit account sharing

There is no password method in Indian Hotstar account...unless they introduce mail I'd and password login nothing named password sharing or cracking...now all accounts r registered using Indian mobile numbers only...
They can track locations by OTP or login by call ...

There is no password method in Indian Hotstar account...unless they introduce mail I'd and password login nothing named password sharing or cracking...now all accounts r registered using Indian mobile numbers only...
They can track locations by OTP or login by call ...
The implementation doesn't require it to be email or password usage.. Netflix is justing basing it to check if all the devices are logged in from a base location with regards to IP addresses. They can do the same thing even with any kind of logins.

I am talking about password sharing and not tracking...
hotstar login is not like Netflix..Netflix needed password for mobile and Droidroid OS/Binge Plus Box to login...for TV we can login by using 8 digit codes...
But now in hotstar only OTP allowed to login in any device...

Last edited:
hotstar login is not like Netflix..Netflix needed password for mobile and Droidroid OS/Binge Plus Box to login...for TV we can login by using 8 digit codes...
But now in hotstar only OTP allowed to login in any device...
Doesn't matter what type of login or security system they use.

Disney can track the IP address and ask you to select the base location. Easy to implement.

Doesn't matter what type of login or security system they use.

Disney can track the IP address and ask you to select the base location. Easy to implement.
U also didnt get what I said and still talking about trackíng.. read it again.. i know very well about trackíng using IP address,by location...

The full form of OTP is One Time 'Password' so even if you let someone else login to your Hotstar account by using your mobile number and then sharing the OTP with them, it will still be classified as password sharing even though it's not a fixed password but a one time variable one.

U also didnt get what I said and still talking about trackíng.. read it again.. i know very well about trackíng using IP address,by location...

You didn't get what password sharing means.

If you share OTP with someone who is not living in your house will be considered as password sharing.

You didn't get what password sharing means.

If you share OTP with someone who is not living in your house will be considered as password sharing.
Not living in my house is only considered as sharing?
Sorry i can't make u to understand..
What @Esmail has clarified is agreed..
Further I am not in this discussion..

Not living in my house is only considered as sharing?
Sorry i can't make u to understand..
What @Esmail has clarified is agreed..
Further I am not in this discussion..
There seems to be some confusion between both your referencing to IP tracking with respect to multiple logins. While you are taking it in the context of geo-restriction wherein Netflix would know if an account from one country is being logged in on a device outside that country and thus it would restrict the catalogue available based on that region. What @StoriesWithPK is referencing to is the latest update by Netflix whereby it tracks the IP address of your home WiFi to specifically pin your account to your home not just your country of usage, such that if the same account were to be logged in on a TV in even your neighbours house using a different WiFi network it would consider that as password sharing and that would be restricted. Even if a father and son are living Nextdoor to each other but have separate home WiFi networks then it will still be restricted by Netflix after the latest crackdown. And a similar course of action will be taken by Disney+ next year.
As for your question about limiting the number of simultaneously logged in devices by Disney+ Hotstar and still having more number of profiles, it could simply be intended for the living room common Tv which is being used by the entire family at different time slots and each family member can keep their watch history separate even when staying logged in on the same device. The remaining 3 logins can be on a bedroom Tv and a couple of mobiles which may be used by individual family members.

There seems to be some confusion between both your referencing to IP tracking with respect to multiple logins. While you are taking it in the context of geo-restriction wherein Netflix would know if an account from one country is being logged in on a device outside that country and thus it would restrict the catalogue available based on that region. What @StoriesWithPK is referencing to is the latest update by Netflix whereby it tracks the IP address of your home WiFi to specifically pin your account to your home not just your country of usage, such that if the same account were to be logged in on a TV in even your neighbours house using a different WiFi network it would consider that as password sharing and that would be restricted. Even if a father and son are living Nextdoor to each other but have separate home WiFi networks then it will still be restricted by Netflix after the latest crackdown. And a similar course of action will be taken by Disney+ next year.
As for your question about limiting the number of simultaneously logged in devices by Disney+ Hotstar and still having more number of profiles, it could simply be intended for the living room common Tv which is being used by the entire family at different time slots and each family member can keep their watch history separate even when staying logged in on the same device. The remaining 3 logins can be on a bedroom Tv and a couple of mobiles which may be used by individual family members.
I know all these things about password sharing...also aware of the similarity and differances between Netflix and Hotstar password sharing methods...i have been studying these since Netflix started cracking password sharing and understood everything...But this post of urs was necessary for who don't understand and got confused how it works ...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock