Disney+ Hotstar streaming service plans to limit account sharing

Mr.Bhat

Contributor
Reaction score
Walt Disney's India streaming service plans to start enforcing a policy of allowing its premium users to login from only four devices...

Previously it is 4 only with new update they removed the restrictions but again they are doing it
10 device login is minimum for at least premium plan if they want they can implement netflix like household policy

Previously it is 4 only with new update they removed the restrictions but again they are doing it
10 device login is minimum for at least premium plan if they want they can implement netflix like household policy
It was written only as 4 logins but never restricted....7,8,9 logins were common in sites like subspace....i have also checked upto 10 in differant browsers and worked...during live feeds the app gets mad...shows access logins/concurrent usage even for 2 logged devices..

Internal testing at Disney+ Hotstar revealed that only a small fraction, approximately 5% of premium subscribers, logged in from more than four devices.

Disney+ Hotstar to clamp down on password sharing in India: Report
The same they told about hbo content😂
If only 5% is using then they are not loosing huge revenue because of this but still they are removing it.even if they are right only 5 % is using it shows that people is not watching content in hotstar which represents the customer base is not stable

watch time and interactions are more important than subscriptions numbers

Last edited:
If i am not getting hotstar premium through a bundle i will unsubscribe this app paying 1500 per year for soaps and boring marvel content with weekly releases is already a waste and yet they are imposing more restrictions. Atleast one tv per home , 4 phones in a family is a basic thing.

Once they enabled the profiles they r going to do this..
If only 4 device can login then what's importance 7 profiles?maybe to use for multiple viewer's with separate profile in same device..just to fill 'continue watching' list...

Disney+ will begin cracking down on password-sharing in 2024 in an effort to drive monetization, Disney CEO Bob Iger said on the company’s third-quarter earnings call on Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock