Disney+ Hotstar new plans effective from September 1

marvel44

Believe
News Columnist
Solutions
Reaction score
Starting 1 st September 2021, users will now have the power to choose from a range of three new subscription plans, namely - Mobile for INR 499/- per year (a single device, mobile-only plan), Super for INR 899/- per year (access to 2 devices across mobile, web and living room devices) and Premium for INR 1499/- per year (access to 4 devices across mobile, web and living room devices). For the first time, subscribers will be able to access the full content catalogue across languages including the vast library of Disney content like Disney+ Originals, latest American shows and blockbuster Hollywood movies; irrespective of their preferred plan of choice.

Last edited:
Starting 1 st September 2021, users will now have the power to choose from a range of three new subscription plans, namely - Mobile for INR 499/- per year (a single device, mobile-only plan), Super for INR 899/- per year (access to 2 devices across mobile, web and living room devices) and Premium for INR 1499/- per year (access to 4 devices across mobile, web and living room devices). For the first time, subscribers will be able to access the full content catalogue across languages including the vast library of Disney content like Disney+ Originals, latest American shows and blockbuster Hollywood movies; irrespective of their preferred plan of choice.
So no VIP plan..
I think all r premium only...If so it's bad news for VIP users...

IMO, VIP Users were mostly mobile only users, There wont be a difference for most of them. Additionally they will get access to DIsney+ originals in English and other premium content.

Quick question:- Is there any quality limitation on these plans like SD, HD, 4K etc?

Mobile plan is a steal. I am on ₹1499 on 2 screens. Will I be upgraded to 4 screens?

IMO, VIP Users were mostly mobile only users, There wont be a difference for most of them. Additionally they will get access to DIsney+ originals in English and other premium content.

Quick question:- Is there any quality limitation on these plans like SD, HD, 4K etc?
It depends on content...Even many mobile users watching English titles which is mostly available in premium only...
I think HD and 4K doesn't effect much for mobile users as how many r using mobiles which r 4K compatible? Yes SD and HD will make difference...
Mine premium sub is expiring on early October ..I was thinking of VIP..
Now I have to subscribe on August 31st...

IMO, really good plans, will they go on to offering Rs 499 plan as complimentary with those airtel, jio recharges? (I don't think So)

After all, I'm expecting Multiple user profiles also:)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock