Discussion Disney+ Hotstar App & Website - News & Updates

New search window on mobile.
d65zWKw.jpg

Disney+Hotstar OTT Platform losses have widened in FY23 partly due to decrease in ad revenue and as per my understanding bcoz cost incurred in acquiring rights of India Cricket, ICC and other premium sports properties coupled with production/transmission remains to be extremely high while return of investment via ads+subscription revenue would be somewhat less to absorb overall content rights + operational costs hence it would have contributed in a major way towards this financial result

Although subscription revenue has seen an increase despite Disney+Hotstar losing rights of valuable content properties like IPL, HBO etc.

Disney+Hotstar OTT Platform losses have widened in FY23 partly due to decrease in ad revenue and as per my understanding bcoz cost incurred in acquiring rights of India Cricket, ICC and other premium sports properties coupled with production/transmission remains to be extremely high while return of investment via ads+subscription revenue would be somewhat less to absorb overall content rights + operational costs hence it would have contributed in a major way towards this financial result

Although subscription revenue has seen an increase despite Disney+Hotstar losing rights of valuable content properties like IPL, HBO etc.

Seasonal subscribers from ICC World Cup. Whoever has to buy a subscription already got at the beginning of Premier League. I don't see any scope for growth. They will have to rely on mobile and broadband providers to bundle their subscription.

Now Disney STAR applied to NCLT for merger of Novi Digital (company of Disney+Hostar app) into STAR INDIA PVT LTD to absorb OTT losses

Pathetic app. Mobile app is constantly buffering and has black screen on Premier League matches. All other content including live kabaddi is working.

Edit: It's working now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock