Discussion Disney+ Hotstar App & Website - News & Updates

IPL effect
jvM6rnn.jpg

IPL effect
jvM6rnn.jpg
If it's just IPL effect than their marketing team needs to be blamed. Most of the subscription of their subscribers renews around April because of the IPL. They should've aggressively marketed specially when you already got the TV rights. Use the TV ad slot. Could've offered them a discount highlighting that they still got ICC World Cup, Cricket Australia, Premiere League, FIH etc. on Hotstar. I think World Cup and Australian Cricket would be enough to retain some casual sports viewers. It really looks odd here that they have just given up.

If it's just IPL effect than their marketing team needs to be blamed. Most of the subscription of their subscribers renews around April because of the IPL. They should've aggressively marketed specially when you already got the TV rights. Use the TV ad slot. Could've offered them a discount highlighting that they still got ICC World Cup, Cricket Australia, Premiere League, FIH etc. on Hotstar. I think World Cup and Australian Cricket would be enough to retain some casual sports viewers. It really looks odd here that they have just given up.
Agree.

They've just given up completely on digital. The Ken stated Hotstar has mediocre content but great distribution and that's why they were able to amass huge number of subscribers in a span of 2 years.

Agree.

They've just given up completely on digital. The Ken stated Hotstar has mediocre content but great distribution and that's why they were able to amass huge number of subscribers in a span of 2 years.
They can try pulling a trick from Sony. Limit repeats of tv shows on TV. Push viewers towards Hotstar. They already offer epsiodes before TV on Hotstar.

Have something different when it comes to sports. Bring Insiders type feed to Hotstar. Leaving regular broadcast to Star Sports. Do remember it is Dugout that inspired Insiders. You got ESPN Cricinfo. Why limit them to youtube? Bring that to your own platform. So that even a tv viewer has a purpose to subscribe. You got the brains. All you need is intent.

Make it Disney+ like "experts" suggest. Have a different launcher or profile whatever you say. Market it as a family friendly platform. We really need one. If I am a parent or even a conservative person like most Indians. I need something for my Smart TV that I don't feel uncomfortable with. Remember during cable era english novie channels on TV were "niche" until censors arrived. Hotstar originals are not clicking. Put FX and Hulu content behind a password. Just last weekend I was sweating when my mom clicked on Saas Baahu and Flamingo. I asked her to make me lemonade while I quickly changed to something else.

Last edited:
Saas Bahu and Flamingo had 18+ scenes?

I think due to the restructuring the management is clueless.

Even if they buy bilateral rights at a premium, I am not sure if they will profit from it but they'll have something to engage the user with through out the year.

Saas Bahu and Flamingo had 18+ scenes?
Haven't watched it yet. Trailer looks it though.
Even if they buy bilateral rights at a premium, I am not sure if they will profit from it but they'll have something to engage the user with through out the year.
Hire good PR who can meme their content for social media sites. Invest in small quality of local shows not quantity. Both Hotstar and Zee5 drops some or other show once a week. Pause invest in regional originals. Invest more in acquiring regional movies. You are losing to youtube here.

Haven't watched it yet. Trailer looks it though.

Hire good PR who can meme their content for social media sites. Invest in small quality of local shows not quantity. Both Hotstar and Zee5 drops some or other show once a week. Pause invest in regional originals. Invest more in acquiring regional movies. You are losing to youtube here.
Some Zee5 regional shows got rave reviews though. Like in Kollywood, everyone wants to make something like Vilangu or Ayali. It's a huge hit here in Tamilnadu. Btw Hotstar get destroyed in all these press interviews for making sub standard content. They need to hire better producers to make regional content.

For now I think they should reduce the price. No one will pay 1499 for just ICC World Cup and Premier League.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock