Discussion Disney+ Hotstar App & Website - News & Updates

Oh boy!! These guys are completely gone bonkers... Their twitter account is under lot of fire.. They posted and deleted something which didn't go down well with the subscribers..
Hotstar brand image is battered.
Calm down every site and service has their downtime. No big deal.

Lol 😂

RMXJtE7.jpg

I did get the new update but it flat out refuses to work on my Airtel Fibre. If I switch from mobile data to wifi in between the stream no problem but I am unable to browse the app on wifi. All I get is this message.
rcBtXxA.png

Edit: I didn’t see the previous replies. Looks like it gonna get solved on its own

Last edited:
Disney+Hotstar User Interface, Layout changed. Now it is seeming very similar to how content is displayed/listed on Airtel XStream app

Good to see Disney+Hotstar offering streaming in 720 p HD Ready Resolution on its mobile plan which r available on quarterly and annual basis unlike Amazon Prime Video which offers SD resolution streaming on its mobile plan and same is available only on annual basis. Disney+Hotstar Mobile Only Quarterly Plan costs just Rs. 149 and Annual Plan costs just Rs. 499 while Amazon Prime Video Mobile Edition annual subscription price is Rs. 599

Even noticed that on Disney+Hostar Super Plan (Rs. 899 for 12 months) Full HD content streaming option is made available and one can access the content simultaneously on 2 Devices and with Dolby Atmos audio . The higher variant of this plan called Super + offers all of above benefits and gives Ad Free viewing experience to customers.

The highest plan called Premium allows for customers to stream content in 4K Resolution and one can watch content on 4 devices simultaneously at any point of time. Though in this plan i believe there r ads played while viewing content. Still considering thw benefits provided at such affordable cost, it is a value for money deal as it just costs Rs. 1499 for annual subscription

Good to see Disney+Hotstar offering streaming in 720 p HD Ready Resolution on its mobile plan which r available on quarterly and annual basis unlike Amazon Prime Video which offers SD resolution streaming on its mobile plan and same is available only on annual basis. Disney+Hotstar Mobile Only Quarterly Plan costs just Rs. 149 and Annual Plan costs just Rs. 499 while Amazon Prime Video Mobile Edition annual subscription price is Rs. 599

Even noticed that on Disney+Hostar Super Plan (Rs. 899 for 12 months) Full HD content streaming option is made available and one can access the content simultaneously on 2 Devices and with Dolby Atmos audio . The higher variant of this plan called Super + offers all of above benefits and gives Ad Free viewing experience to customers.

The highest plan called Premium allows for customers to stream content in 4K Resolution and one can watch content on 4 devices simultaneously at any point of time. Though in this plan i believe there r ads played while viewing content. Still considering thw benefits provided at such affordable cost, it is a value for money deal as it just costs Rs. 1499 for annual subscription
We have known about this since last two years. On ₹1499 ads are only present on live sports. To prove that they are from Star. They air ads of Hotstar shows itself during the match just to annoy us. We miss match when we switch feed or tune in for the first time as they gotta show us what's streaming on platform we already made purchase from.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock