Discussion Disney+ Hotstar App & Website - News & Updates

Dubbed south movies are missing from Hotstar. Not a good sign for growth when South movies are widely consumed on rivals like Netflix, Prime Video and Zee5. Even Sony LIV has jumped the bandwagon.

Dubbed south movies are missing from Hotstar. Not a good sign for growth when South movies are widely consumed on rivals like Netflix, Prime Video and Zee5. Even Sony LIV has jumped the bandwagon.

Star/disney gets lot more viewership from bollywood movies. They do have many dubbed south indian movies on app but i do not think they will have try to compete with Amazon Prime Video in this segment bcoz both have dedicated audience base

Star/disney gets lot more viewership from bollywood movies. They do have many dubbed south indian movies on app but i do not think they will have try to compete with Amazon Prime Video in this segment bcoz both have dedicated audience base
Not a single bollywood movie released this year is available on hotstar.

Even I am noticing this now. They have no new bollywood movies this year, no IPL anymore, it's gonna be a challenge to justify subscribing to their service I feel. (Unless you are a Marvel fan)

Not completely True 😂
A Thursday, Kaun Pravin Tambe?, Good Luck Jerry next week. This year's releases.

83 and Tadap which was released in Dec 2021 was also streamed in Jan 2022.

I know those 3 movies are direct OTT release and I totally get what you're trying to establish. True they didn't acquire digital rights of the bollywood movies released this year so far.

On the other hand they had few regional movies, that's the temp relief for Hotstar.

Not completely True 😂
A Thursday, Kaun Pravin Tambe?, Good Luck Jerry next week. This year's releases.

83 and Tadap which was released in Dec 2021 was also streamed in Jan 2022.

I know those 3 movies are direct OTT release and I totally get what you're trying to establish. True they didn't acquire digital rights of the bollywood movies released this year so far.

On the other hand they had few regional movies, that's the temp relief for Hotstar.
Looks like Brahmastra will be the only Hindi theatrical movie of 2022 that will release on hotstar.

Looks like Brahmastra will be the only Hindi theatrical movie of 2022 that will release on hotstar.

Wrong.Good Lucky Jerry releasing on July 29,,later on Mission Cindrella will b available. There r many other films from various studios / banners including their those from disney/ 20th century studios which will be available on their platform . In coming months new agreements with various banners/actors r likely to come into effect. Also there r dubbed hollywood and regional movies. On sports front too they have lots of content

Wrong.Good Lucky Jerry releasing on July 29,,later on Mission Cindrella will b available. There r many other films from various studios / banners including their those from disney/ 20th century studios which will be available on their platform . In coming months new agreements with various banners/actors r likely to come into effect. Also there r dubbed hollywood and regional movies. On sports front too they have lots of content
Bro, i am talking about Hindi theatrical movies that released this year. Hotstar haven't acquired any. Also Sony Liv hasn't got any. All of them are either on netflix, pv, or zee5.

Yes i know that there are a few direct-to-ott hindi movies on hotstar. Upcoming ones are good luck jerry and babli bouncer.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock