Discussion Disney+ (Disney Plus) - News & Updates

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 212
  • Views: Views 29,580
With ‘Mulan,’ Disney Tests Out Entirely New Early VOD Model

'Mulan' will release on Disney+ on Sept. 4 for $29.99 in the US
EemrekpU0AAIAYM

Disney+ is jumping onto the co-viewing bandwagon with a new feature called GroupWatch.

sOKOYjb.jpg

The experience, which launches Tuesday in the U.S. after a test run in Canada, Australia and New Zealand, allows up to seven people to watch the same Disney+ title together, even if they are in separate places.

xmqCypi.jpg

Few co-viewing experiences have been available on television sets, but GroupWatch works across a number of platforms, including web browsers, mobile devices, connected TV boxes and smart TVs. “If we had launched this as a [web] extension, out of our 60 million subscribers, it would have been a drop in the bucket that would ever use the product,” says Jerrell Jimerson, senior vp product management for Disney+. “The vast majority of our viewing happens on televisions.”

Disney+ Launches Co-Viewing Feature | Hollywood Reporter

Last edited:
Better late than never: Disney Plus just added the ability for subscribers to share links to specific titles — like its hit series “The Mandalorian” — with friends and family members on social media and via messaging apps.

To share a piece of content, Disney Plus subscribers must tap the new “Share” button found on a Disney Plus title’s details page. They then select the preferred platform (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, or messaging app) and if applicable, who they are sending it to. The share button will compose a pre-populated message (e.g., “I thought you might like ‘The Mandalorian’ on Disney+”) but subscribers can overwrite it with their own personal message.

Disney Plus Now Lets Users Share Content on Social Media, Messaging Apps

Finally, they added one of common feature they are missing.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock