Discussion Discovery+ News & Updates

On both Android TV and mobile app. I am facing an issue for over a month. I am stuck with Auto, Better and Data Saver setting. The only way to get full Best quality resolution is to use Chrome browser.

Is it just me or anyone else facing same issue?

Discovery+ has discontinued Best Video quality setting. Now we will only have Auto, Better and Data Saver. If you have the older version of the apps. I would recommend not updating. I cross checked about this with customer service.

Discovery+ has discontinued Best Video quality setting. Now we will only have Auto, Better and Data Saver. If you have the older version of the apps. I would recommend not updating. I cross checked about this with customer service.
AFAIK Auto will get the maximum bandwidth/speed available...There is no change either in Auto or Heigh ...i think this should act same in Mobile data too...
If low speed in mobile then even heigh also might not get good pictures and may buffer...But in Auto the app adjusts the bandwidth/speed and picture quality will get low quality...It may not buffer too...

Last edited:
AFAIK Auto will get the maximum bandwidth/speed available...There is no change either in Auto or Heigh ...i think this should act same in Mobile data too...
If low speed in mobile then even heigh also might not get good pictures and may buffer...
Yeah.. you are right. I have noticed it too.

MZlvz7t.jpg

Finally, the app is supported on Samsung SMART TV'S..

Full of bug. Not responding. Not playing most of the video
Have to say, the Interface is very good compared to other apps and I liked the video player very much it looked modern..

Some lag is there and its expected as its just launched recently... Anyway, I wasn't expecting lag as well as the app was available in most countries since January.

Have to say, the Interface is very good compared to other apps and I liked the video player very much it looked modern..

Some lag is there and its expected as its just launched recently... Anyway, I wasn't expecting lag as well as the app was available in most countries since January.
Can you check
Mahakaleshwar :Legend of Shiva.
Not able to play on my tv

In case you didn't knew. There is some OS limitation. AEW shows mostly doesn't work on Android TV and Android Mobile app. But works without any issues on web. Even Discovery+ team has acknowledged this issue.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock