Discussion Demonetisation of old Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 currency notes

The Narendra Modi government's demonetisation move, which turned around 86 per cent of cash in circulation illegal tender overnight on November 8, 2016, led to a significant decline in cash, which lowered India's economic growth and led to a reduction in jobs by at least 2-3 percentage points in the quarter of the note ban, a new study has found. The study shows that Indian districts that experienced more "severe demonetisation shocks" had much larger contractions in ATM withdrawals, and highlights its effects on the Indian economy. It also talks about the rise of alternative forms of payment options, including mobile wallets, after demonetisation.

Harvard, IMF researchers assess damage due to demonetisation, claim 3% drop in economic activity

The Narendra Modi government's demonetisation move, which turned around 86 per cent of cash in circulation illegal tender overnight on November 8, 2016, led to a significant decline in cash, which lowered India's economic growth and led to a reduction in jobs by at least 2-3 percentage points in the quarter of the note ban, a new study has found. The study shows that Indian districts that experienced more "severe demonetisation shocks" had much larger contractions in ATM withdrawals, and highlights its effects on the Indian economy. It also talks about the rise of alternative forms of payment options, including mobile wallets, after demonetisation.

Harvard, IMF researchers assess damage due to demonetisation, claim 3% drop in economic activity
Anti-Indian :no2::no2:

Failure, utter failure. I saw two demonetisation. One was from youtube. The other one is from government. Content creator in youtube has got careful making that demonetisation successful. Coronavirus is at rise. I fear community transmission from currency. Meanwhile most of the shops here still doesn't take online payments. What digitalization benchmark did government achieve?

Failure, utter failure. I saw two demonetisation. One was from youtube. The other one is from government. Content creator in youtube has got careful making that demonetisation successful. Coronavirus is at rise. I fear community transmission from currency. Meanwhile most of the shops here still doesn't take online payments. What digitalization benchmark did government achieve?
Source

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock