Good News DAZN - Sports exclusive OTT service launched in India

I will be interested to see how much revenue Sony earns from telecast of sports other than Cricket.I read somewhere that a 10 sec ad.during La Liga matches used to cost 7k-8k only,same in UEFA CL was 25-30K ,in comparison IPL ad rates were 8 to 9 lakhs for 10 sec. ad and 1-2 lakhs for normal cricket tournaments.With this disparity in ad rates i don't know why anyone would want to telecast Football or any other sport

I would have subscribed it but DAZN doesn't have anything other than boxing in India hope soon they bring Football and MMA events on the platform
they should have given a 1 month or 7 days trial period. asking to subscribe for Rs.69/month straightway without any trial, that too for boxing only content is too demanding, I feel. they should have worked out a strategy to attract the customers to ott, like netflix & amazon do

without cricket they won't survive. look at the fancode, with cricket and very less price Rs.5/Rs.10 per match also people who are subscribing are very less. People are approaching illegal streams. So they have to grab bangladesh/westindies or upcoming NewZealand vs Pakistan series and SuperSmash 2021 rights to grab attention.

without cricket they won't survive. look at the fancode, with cricket and very less price Rs.5/Rs.10 per match also people who are subscribing are very less. People are approaching illegal streams. So they have to grab bangladesh/westindies or upcoming NewZealand vs Pakistan series and SuperSmash 2021 rights to grab attention.

The most irksome problem of Fancode is its PQ and lack of native Android Tv / Firestick support. That's why people are resorting to illegal streams.

Otherwise, if one is a fan of Bundesliga, the whole season package is still a "steal".

99% of you are missing the point that Dazn is not an Indian app, for it cricket is not a priority, may be Indian market is not the priority at the moment.
May be that's why they have started with one of the most niche sporting disciplines in this country, i.e. boxing.

The most irksome problem of Fancode is its PQ and lack of native Android Tv / Firestick support. That's why people are resorting to illegal streams.

Otherwise, if one is a fan of Bundesliga, the whole season package is still a "steal".

99% of you are missing the point that Dazn is not an Indian app, for it cricket is not a priority, may be Indian market is not the priority at the moment.
May be that's why they have started with one of the most niche sporting disciplines in this country, i.e. boxing.
but boxing viewers are very minimal in india

This reminds me of early days Channel V vs MTV in india.MTV said that they will ONLY telecast English songs as they were focused on it unlike Channel V which used to have English as well Hindi content.End result,barely couple of years later MTV started showing HIndi songs and started a number of Hinglish reality shows.Bottom line is you can't survive in a big market like India without Indianizing yourself.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock