Davies: Klasnic can deliver for Bolton

• Thread starter BaLaG
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,012

BaLaG

Reaction score
Bolton Wanderers' skipper Kevin Davies believes fellow striker Ivan Klasnic is more than able to take up the goalscoring mantle at Reebok Stadium.

The Croatian was used last season as a 'supersub', coming off the bench for all of his league appearance, but will be looking to capitalise on his prolific preseason form of five goals from seven games. He is going full tilt to retain his starting position, already scoring a goal in Bolton's 4-1 victory over QPR.

With manager Owen Coyle looking to bring in more strikers to bolster the Trotters' attack, Davies has given his support to his fellows striker.

Davies told Manchester Evening News: "We are a bit light up front and I'm not sure what the manager has up his sleeve. But you know what you get from Ivan inside that box.

"He is a clinical finisher. I have been fortunate to play with some good strikers but he generally hits the target.

"We call him the ‘sniffer' and he's usually in the right place. And more often than not he puts the ball in the back of the net.

"He didn't start many games last year but still got nearly 10 goals off the bench."

Davies also admitted that Lee Chung-Yong's preseason leg break did not help an already thin squad and sympathised with the Korean winger.

"I know ‘Chungy' is gutted at not being able to play. After the injury he was only talking about ‘letting the team down' rather than thinking about himself.

"That's the kind of guy he is. I couldn't imagine the pain he was going through.

"But he will be missed because he has been outstanding for us. However, he lives locally so we will all be popping in to keep up his spirits."

more..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock