Discussion Dam Safety Bill 2019 News & Updates

Dam Safety Bill Intervening State Government Rights ??

• Total voters
In case you want to know about the new Dam Safety Bill.
Now can anyone explain how this safety act affects states. Why are they protesting against it? Should centralising safety be a good thing? 🤔

In case you want to know about the new Dam Safety Bill.
Now can anyone explain how this safety act affects states. Why are they protesting against it? Should centralising safety be a good thing? 🤔
Post edited for the reason & poll added too 😎

Only TamilNadu has issue with it. and we all know the reason.. And that 'particular reason' is a votebank in delta districts of TN
Nd opposition issue, Dam saftey bill was first introduced by UPA in 2010, in which DMK was an alliance party.! So the opposition politics is just gimmick

Only TamilNadu has issue with it. and we all know the reason.. And that 'particular reason' is a votebank in delta districts of TN
Nd opposition issue, Dam saftey bill was first introduced by UPA in 2010, in which DMK was an alliance party.! So the opposition politics is just gimmick
Hold on .. UPA introduce the bill having the clause of "If this bill approved by 2/3 majority state legislative assembly then only this bill came to effect" this clause given rights to state government

This clause was missing in the bill passed in 2021 ie) Dams are now centralized

Edited..

Last edited:
Hold on .. UPA introduce the bill having the clause of "If this bill approved by 2/3 majority state legislative assembly then only this bill came to effect in particular state" this clause given rights to state government

This clause was missing in the bill passed in 2021 ie) Dams are now centralized
So state has no control over water of the dams? I thought it was state who has authority to do commercial activities like producing electricity.

So state has no control over water of the dams? I thought it was state who has authority to do commercial activities like producing electricity.
State is the authority hereafter No

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock