Discussion Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

Religion and culture are not exclusive of each other. But yes, during covid times, we need to practise maximum caution which does include avoiding public crowded places.

And kumbh festival is not the only public event to take place. More than anything, we have had 2 major 'events' - anti-CAA and farmer gatherings. Protestors have been 'bought' in from multiple places for months now. I don't see the usual quarters raising any objections or even highlighting the issue. This is called selective outrage.

I love it. How things are so dynamic here. Remember yesterday common people were blamed for not wearing masked and following protocol. COVID wasn't contained back than. But all of a sudden it was contained when debate starts about Kumbh Mela. Keeping all these aside. Selective outrage and whataboutery after over religious activity needs to stop. All religious activists is wrong. Let priest do their work at religious places. And practice one's own religion at home. No God will hate you. Instead love you more for trying to save humanity.
This country has been too religious for too long, hindu or muslim or whatever. So many silly superstitions and rituals. There is no scientific temper among even well educated people. And now religion is at the centre of even politics...which is never a good idea. Hope people realise by this pandemic that only people help people...Gods don't interfere in anything. Hospitals, education, health, infrastructure, development must be at centre of prime time discussions.

And kumbh festival is not the only public event to take place. More than anything, we have had 2 major 'events' - anti-CAA and farmer gatherings. Protestors have been 'bought' in from multiple places for months now. I don't see the usual quarters raising any objections or even highlighting the issue. This is called selective outrage.
Yes, they are. Anti-CAA protestors left on their own because of the pandemic. Something needs to be done over farmer's protest. All protest needs to suspend until the pandemic is contained. Farm leaders are arrogant. Government needs to stop being spectators here. What's stopping you?

This country has been too religious for too long, hindu or muslim or whatever. So many silly superstitions and rituals. There is no scientific temper among even well educated people. And now religion is at the centre of even politics...which is never a good idea. Hope people realise by this pandemic that only people help people...Gods don't interfere in anything. Hospitals, education, health, infrastructure, development must be at centre of prime time discussions.
'Phal ki ichha mat kar, karm kar' / 'God helps only those who help themselves' - basic tenet of religion. Which is why I believe that Bhagwat Gita should be taught from young age.

Last edited:
Yes, they are. Anti-CAA protestors left on their own because of the pandemic. Something needs to be done over farmer's protest. All protest needs to suspend until the pandemic is contained. Farm leaders are arrogant. Government needs to stop being spectators here. What's stopping you?
I agree, solid action was required as of yesterday. Enough of this drama.

Kumbh happened at one place and permission was given when covid was almost in control and it was suspended the moment second wave became stronger.

However, this is happening in every village, mohalla and cities of India which should have been controlled.
Source

Lol at "almost in control".

What about the event above? Another one time event or only one religion is allowed to function as per your theories?

These Farmer leaders should have been put behind the bars for being absolute A*******.Yesterday there were some images of so called farmers marching from Amritsar to Delhi and not a single person was wearing mask.Ideally Amarinder should have stopped this but no he has to do politics first.The great SC which takes suo moto cognizance of every damn issue is sitting like a mute spectator because if they ban this than it wouldn't play in front of audience the great milords are aiming for.The fascist Modi govt. will not do anything because its image is already ruined.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock