Champions League Twenty20 2011/12

• Thread starter Thread starter Kamlesh Barjati
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 147
  • Views Views: Views 24,029
ESPN ropes in SRK for Nokia Champions League Twenty20
AGENCIES
http://www.financialexpress.com/news/espn-ropes-in-srk-for-nokia-champions-league-twenty20/844220/

Gambhir to miss Champions League qualifier
http://www.espncricinfo.com/champions-league-twenty20-2011/content/current/story/532268.html
Jacques Kallis will lead the team in Gambhir's absence

Yousuf smashes KKR to win in practice match

4g6aag.jpg

Hyderabad: A quick-fire half-century by all-rounder Yusuf Pathan helped Kolkata Knight Riders defeat Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA) by five wickets in a practice match ahead of the IPL franchisee's Champions League qualifying engagements.

KKR chased a target of 131 runs in 15.2 overs with Pathan, who hit four sixes and three fours, smashing 53 in 38 balls.
[/u]

Good update friend. I have not heard about practice match is taking place.

Tendulkar doubtful for Champions League

33mog3q.jpg

Chennai: The availability of Mumbai Indians captain Sachin Tendulkar for the Champions League Twenty20 is uncertain due to his toe injury but coach Robin Singh on Saturday insisted that the veteran batsman's absence would not hurt the team much.

Robin refused to say whether Tendulkar, whose injury flared up during the just-concluded disastrous tour of England, would play in the Champions League starting with the qualifiers from September 19.
"Harbhajan is definitely available but if Sachin is not available, it will not affect the team greatly and it will be an opportunity for others to prove their mettle," Robin told reporters here.

Asked about the team's preparedness, Robin said, "The same set of qualities that we have displayed during our earlier matches in the IPL will count."

"We are fairly well-prepared. We had a camp in Bangalore before reaching here. The Bangalore camp was very beneficial and the players were able to gel together," he added.
Source:PTI

Redbacks skipper confident ahead of CLT20

2akbayq.jpg

Kolkata: South Australian Redbacks skipper Michael Klinger feels his team has the right balance and talent to emerge winners in the Champions League Twenty20 cricket tournament beginning Sep 23.

"Our strength is balance. My team has the right mix of old and new," Klinger told mediapersons at the team hotel here on Saturday.
"We have a set of experienced players like Shaun Tait, Daniel Harris and myself. Then we have very talented youngsters like Nathan Lyon, Kane Richardson and Tom Cooper. This makes us very confident," he said.
Source:PTI

'Jayasuriya's experience will be useful'

33f4vb8.jpg

Hyderabad: Sanath Jayasuriya will be the star attraction when Ruhunu Eleven start their campaign in the Champions League Twenty20 which starts on Monday.

"Our strong point is batting. We are lucky to have Jayasuriya in our side. Such a great player with so much experience. He will surely provide us with some ideas," skipper Mahela Udawatte told reporters.

Coach Sumithra Warnakulasuriya said the objective of the team is to qualify for the main tournament.

"Our objective is to qualify for the main tournament. We are hoping to win the two qualifying games and get into the main round. That is what we have in mind," he said.

The bowling department is on the weaker side but the team is hopeful of a good show, he stated.

Ruhunu will face Trinidad & Tobago on September 19 when the qualifying matches of the CLT20 starts.
Source:Cricnext

CLT20: KKR look for head start against Auckland

t7ocxy.jpg

Hyderabad: Kolkata Knight Riders will take on Auckland Aces in the second match of the Champions League Twenty20 here on Monday.

And though the unavailability of skipper Gautam Gambhir would have come as a big jolt to KKR, they still seem a superior side than their New Zealand counterparts as far as overall team composition and knowledge of local conditions is concerned.

Squads:

Kolkata Knight Riders (India): Jacques Kallis, Rajat Bhatia, Laxmipathy Balaji, Manoj Tiwary, Ryan ten Doeschate, Yusuf Pathan, Iqbal Abdulla, Shakib Al Hasan, Brett Lee, Manvinder Bisla, Brad Haddin, Shami Ahmed, Jaidev Unadkat, Gautam Gambhir

Auckland Aces (New Zealand): Andre Adams, James Adams, Michael Bates, Colin de Grandhomme, Martin Guptill, Roneel Hira, Gareth Hopkins, Anaru Kitchen, Bruce Martin, Chris Martin, Kyle Mills, Colin Munro, Daryl Tuffey, Rob Quiney, Lou Vincent

CLT20: Franklin hopeful of strong performance

537drr.jpg

Chennai: For a player in and out of the national team, every game in any format is an opportunity to remind the selectors of his presence. And so it is for Kiwi all-rounder James Franklin of the Mumbai Indians as he prepares for the forthcoming Champions League T20 tournament.

Having been left out of the New Zealand central contract, the 30-year old Franklin is only too determined to get the spotlight trained on him when he turns out for Mumbai Indians against Chennai Super Kings next weekend.
"The conditions would be tough here, as it always had been. I have been training hard for the series, and would like to see the outcome of my training. I have lost weight, and I'll push myself, though I had never been express quick," said Franklin at a media interaction here on Sunday.

Though he did not specifically refer to his omission from the Kiwi contract nor was he asked about it, Franklin is aware that a strong performance in the Champions League will serve the dual purpose of helping the Mumbai Indians and also his own cause.

"I am happy I could contribute for the team in the IPL and would certainly like to carry on the good effort into the Champions League as well. I would be happy if I can contribute with the bat as well as the ball, and help my team win matches. I am looking forward to the match against Chennai Super Kings next week," he said.

Regarding Sachin Tendulkar's likely absence owing to injury, Franklin said: "He is a massive player and had a great IPL. So we will definitely miss him, but it is an opportunity for someone else to step up and prove his worth."

Back
Top Bottom