Seeking Help Buzzing sound from speakers when connected to TV

Prithi Deb

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi guys!
Recently we purchased a Fire TV Stick and I am having some problems connecting it to the speakers. It might get a bit long, so please bear with me.

So we have a 2.1 speaker setup for watching TV. The speakers only support 2RCA (left & right) input and TV only has RCA & 3.5mm Aux port for audio output (no HDMI Arc or Optical). Earlier when we had Cable (Siti Digital) connection, we used to connect the STB to TV using HDMI and connect the TV to Speakers using a Aux to 2RCA cable, and it worked fine. But when we moved to Tata Sky, connecting it the same way used to create a buzzing/humming sound. So we took the audio directly from the STB intead of TV using 2RCA to 2RCA cable. And it started working fine again. But now that we have a Fire TV Stick, we have no way to connect it to the speakers other than using the same method as earlier (TV's Aux to Speakers 2RCA). And as expected, the speakers are again making that buzzing sound. So we are now stuck with the TV Speakers for the Fire TV Stick. I have tried using different cables, but no luck.

Do you guys have any idea of what's happening? Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Thank You.

Does your TV have an option to send audio output as PCM? If yes, try that.

On Fire stick too, there's an option to send audio output in PCM. Turn this on and try.

Does your TV have an option to send audio output as PCM? If yes, try that.
Nope. Only RCA output. That too for AV1 & AV2 inputs. Only audio output for HDMI input is the 3.5mm port.

Nope. Only RCA output. That too for AV1 & AV2 inputs. Only audio output for HDMI input is the 3.5mm port.
He means to say in the Fire TV Audio Settings there is option like PCM and DOlby/Surround. Select PCM and then see if the buzzing audio comes

He means to say in the Fire TV Audio Settings there is option like PCM and DOlby/Surround. Select PCM and then see if the buzzing audio comes
Yeah.. I understood that part. It's the first thing I tried. No luck. 🙁

Yeah.. I understood that part. It's the first thing I tried. No luck. 🙁
When i was using cable TV back in 2015, even i got the humming/buzzing sound in the background while watcing TV. There was a current leak in the cable wire that caused that issue. Then i changed the STB and cables and the sound vanished.

I think it's a issue in TV port or if any other audio output then try it...Does TV and found at have coaxial options?
Yes this is mostly due to interference from electricity (Mostly Transformers if its a Old TV) on analog channels. Digital output like (coaxial or Optical or HDMI ARC) usually doesnt have

@Prithi Deb, if you 2.1 Speakers support Bluetooth, you can use Fire TV direclty with speakers pairing Bluetooth. And keep RCA connection connected to STB.
The only headache is you have to change the Audio Source every time on Speaker when you switch between Fire TV and STB

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock