BSNL loses 2 crore subscribers in 2014-15

• Thread starter Sarkar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 39
  • Views: Views 3,546
Sarkar said:
It may happen in your place but here all local operators give unlimited download, no FUP like restriction and their speed is also good. You will get exactly same speed(both upload and download) what you have paid.

Actually they try to exploit Delhi ppl, arguing that they have more paying capacity.
But that is not true for most parts of Delhi.

Here the monopoly is of airtel, reliance... in pvt operators. :dodgy

shawl_who said:
Actually they try to exploit Delhi ppl, arguing that they have more paying capacity.
But that is not true for most parts of Delhi.

Here the monopoly is of airtel, reliance... in pvt operators. :dodgy

Don't you have any local broadband provider ? :huh

I find that here local guy provide same pack but much cheaper compared to national level players like BSNL or Airtel

I have both Local and BSNL broadband :shy

I got BSNL connection after 3-4 months of appling :lol and i get only 2.9 -3.1 mbps speed out of 4 :(

also no one will cut your BSNL connection if you didn't didn't pay bills up to 3-4 months :d :lol

but condition of airtel also very bad here thier CC even don't know how to talk with their customers they thinks all is their baap ka maal :dodgy :s

Sarkar said:
Don't you have any local broadband provider ? :huh

I find that here local guy provide same pack but much cheaper compared to national level players like BSNL or Airtel

There are a few, like sify and tikona, but both are struggling.. in their own ways.

Connectivity is not gud for both. :s

1. BSNL Wireless services needs a managed BSS & OSS setup. They can outsource that to professional private players.
2. They need to fire almost 50% of their staff. Yes, most of their staff are overpaid junks doing nothing. They should seriously give compulsory retirement to such staff and no VRS.
3. They need to start performance linked pay. Some govt. staff work very diligently and rest just doze off their fat a**.
4. They need to stop corruption at ground level (Linemen level) by paying them well. Linemen are the first people to be bribed by the private players and they are responsible for slow repairs, intentional failures, customer harrassment, among many others...
5. They need to have a real 24x7 countrywide service support facility (managed by private players).
6. They need to CHANGE THEIR ATTITUDE. Lots of public service companies (like banks, insurance companies, etc) are well managed and professionally run. BSNL & MTNL need to inculcate these values in their day to day culture.

BSNL offers the best service in many places. It's also true they are running a loss and we are therefore paying extra as taxes. I personally don't think Indian private sector has invested in technology and infrastructure. BSNL is loss making company so their better service cannot be credited to their management. This also impacts private company share of market and revenue, which is what drives infrastructure expansions. Cost wise private companies can provide same price, but total customer base is required for large scale private investment. Since BSNL never makes a profit none of our money is converted into new infrastructure.

Private players like Airtel and Tata have pathetic service in my city. I used to have Tata broadband and they refused to fix a fiber cut for 30+ days and I shifted to Asianet local cable. In bangalore I have used BSNL and they provide better service than Tata/Airtel. They are also better at fiber to home implementation.

It would be in India's interest to make BSNL profitable. In my city BSNL has more than 5 large complex buildings without any real purpose. There is ample opportunity to cut costs. Government has to offer independence to professional. Providing jobs to useless people to garner votes is against the spirit of competitiveness. At least 51% should be disinvested and sold to an MNC telecom giant.

Though BSNL service is not good in most area but BSNL provides very good coverage in border areas like border areas of bengal,Sikkim, Meghalaya, J&K etc There are no private player in those area. So BSNL provides very good service to those people living in those areas. :tup

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock