Seeking Help BSNL FTTH Speed Related Query

Dr Saurabh

Reaction score
Currently I am using 200 mbps plan of BSNL FTTH.
If I want speed up to 200 mbps, is it compulsory to use lan cable or can I get speed upto 200 mbps via wireless also, example - mobile, tablet..
I am currently getting speeds of 50 to 60 mbps which also fluctuate and reach 1 to 2 mbps.
I had also given a complaint in bsnl customer care service, but those BSNL people close my raised complaint every time by making different excuses.

If I want speed up to 200 mbps, is it compulsory to use lan cable or can I get speed upto 200 mbps via wireless also, example - mobile, tablet..
I am currently getting speeds of 50 to 60 mbps which also fluctuate and reach 1 to 2 mbps.
I had also given a complaint in bsnl customer care service, but those BSNL people close my raised complaint every time by making different excuses.
Its based on the wifi router which you are using. Some of the router which Bsnl providing is not enough capable for more than 50 Mbps.
As a first step, check the speed with LAN. If you are getting 200 or near to that, ask them to change the WiFi. If they can't then better buy yourself.
If you are not getting the speed in LAN too, inform them to check.
My relatives also facing same kind of issue. With LAN all is good. But getting low speed over WiFi.

BSNL most of the time gives 2.4 GHz ONU + Router by which you cannot get above 80-90 Mbps max. So better buy a separate dual-band router and bridge with BSNL ONU+Router.

Its based on the wifi router which you are using. Some of the router which Bsnl providing is not enough capable for more than 50 Mbps.
As a first step, check the speed with LAN. If you are getting 200 or near to that, ask them to change the WiFi. If they can't then better buy yourself.
If you are not getting the speed in LAN too, inform them to check.
My relatives also facing same kind of issue. With LAN all is good. But getting low speed over WiFi.

Hi I have technical question where does speed gets reduced at modem or at router ????
BSNL most of the time gives 2.4 GHz ONU + Router by which you cannot get above 80-90 Mbps max. So better buy a separate dual-band router and bridge with BSNL ONU+Router.
Is modem~ONU ???

Hi I have technical question where does speed gets reduced at modem or at router ????

Is modem~ONU ???
Actually, FTTH tech does not use a modem it uses ONU or ONT (optical to digital) now some providers use separate ONT devices and bridge it to the router so that we can get wifi access and like BSNL they use the combo which serves the purpose of both. Now here in BSNL speed is getting reduced due to 2.4 GHz because a 40 Mhz cannot serve more than 150 Mbps theoretically and in practically 100 Mbps and 20 Mhz not more than 72 Mbps.

Actually, FTTH tech does not use a modem it uses ONU or ONT (optical to digital) now some providers use separate ONT devices and bridge it to the router so that we can get wifi access and like BSNL they use the combo which serves the purpose of both. Now here in BSNL speed is getting reduced due to 2.4 GHz because a 40 Mhz cannot serve more than 150 Mbps theoretically and in practically 100 Mbps and 20 Mhz not more than 72 Mbps.

so what solution ??? I mean we use ONU/ONT followed by our own router ???? How to determine which router we can use tjat provide appropriate speed

does onu has lan port to connect directly to pc using ethernet cable ???

so what solution ??? I mean we use ONU/ONT followed by our own router ???? How to determine which router we can use tjat provide appropriate speed

does onu has lan port to connect directly to pc using ethernet cable ???
Yeah there is lan port on ONT. I think you can use router of your choice but ONT is dependents on ISP as its to be matched to OLT use by isp which can be of EPON or GPON.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock