Bsnl ftth, not getting quoted speed

Ashwat22100

Reaction score
Hey , i updated my plan of bsnl ftth from the 849 one to 999 one "fibre premium" ,the plan advertises to give a speed upto 200 mbps and 3300 gb, it has been almost 14 says but i am still receiving the old plan's speed that is 100 mbps to be more precise 95 Mbps in the speed test.
What could be the problem? Is there any specific settings that has to be changed in the modem page?
(I am from maharashtra so the rates of the plan may vary according to your circle).
Also
My local vendor gave me syrotech GPON-1110-WDONT , on the manual that i got on their website it says it has 2 lan ports of 10/100/1000Mbps, 100Mbps. . Tried on both but the result is still the same, 94-95 mbps is what i am getting :/.

Check the downstream speed on the modem admin page. Is it 100mbps or 200mbps?. Did you try the Speed test on wifi or LAN?

If LAN, you might have to check if your lan card support more than 100mbps speed, and also use cat5e or cat6 cable to handle high speeds. If WiFi, then try using 5ghz band and not 2.4ghz.

If all your hardware - modem, lan card, wifi band - support 200mbps speed and still you get 100mbps, then you might have to contact BSNL people to increase the port speed from their end.

It seems like your GPON router does not have a gigabit port, or your pc/laptop does not have a gigabit card; anyone of both is the reason.

According to the manual it supports 1000mbps port also my pc uses Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller which supports the speed. I tried connecting the lan cable to both the ports but the speed in the ethernet settings shows 100mbps in both the ports. I mean i checked in adapter setting it shows 100mbps in both the ports. I rarely use wifi through the modem, 99% of my work is through the pc itself.

According to the manual it supports 1000mbps port also my pc uses Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller which supports the speed. I tried connecting the lan cable to both the ports but the speed in the ethernet settings shows 100mbps in both the ports. I mean i checked in adapter setting it shows 100mbps in both the ports. I rarely use wifi through the modem, 99% of my work is through the pc itself.
Which Ethernet cable you are using it should be at least Cat5E to support gigabit speed.

Which Ethernet cable you are using it should be at least Cat5E to support gigabit speed.
I am not exactly sure, nor the box neither the manual tells what cable it is, but irrespective of the cable , if i use a cat 5 cable obviously I won't get the speed but shouldn't in the adapter setting the speed should be shown 1gbps in the port which supports 1000mbps or it will be shown only if i use a cable which is cat5e+?

I am not exactly sure, nor the box neither the manual tells what cable it is, but irrespective of the cable , if i use a cat 5 cable obviously I won't get the speed but shouldn't in the adapter setting the speed should be shown 1gbps in the port which supports 1000mbps or it will be shown only if i use a cable which is cat5e+?
Yes even if your adapter or router supports 1 Gig you will not get since the Cat 5 cable only supports till 100 Mbps max. Also you need to consider losses so it is always prefer to use 1 Gig cable or router if you have 80 Mbps+ Plan.

Yes even if your adapter or router supports 1 Gig you will not get since the Cat 5 cable only supports till 100 Mbps max. Also you need to consider losses so it is always prefer to use 1 Gig cable or router if you have 80 Mbps+ Plan.
Hey, i digged in a bit , saw a video on YouTube about my ont the same one, in that video he said the cable provided is a cat6 cable. I am using the same which is provided with the modem itself, but the box doesn't specify it what type of cable it is.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock