BSNL Bharat Fiber FTTH General Discussions

obviously it does correct ? because normal internet which i use trasmit data using copper wires wheras fiber is much faster

i am not getting the desired speed..hence opting for fibernet

What is the benefit of Fiber connection when you need to use a fiber to ethernet converter device (Gepon) for just saving few bucks. Why dont you buy a Fiber compatible modem cum router or a broadband connection if you want to save 2999/-
Except Jio hardly any other service provider providing good quality fiber modem. Converter doesn't slowdown the internet. It just provides a port to connect into the cable net routers. 90% of cable internet/fiber net users use RJ45 routers. You may not be aware of that but see amazon/flipkart reviews to find they are fine to use.

See, I am not sure about the fiber modem, you can ask BSNL which one they are providing

And Airtel is also providing a good fiber Huawei fiber modem

Any regular cable internet (RJ45 Input) router should work. They will use a fiber to ethernet converter device called Gepon. BSNL has been providing internet through LCOs (local cable operators) these days. They maintain the last mile connection.

I suggest you Dlink Dir 615: D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router (I have used this one previously).

It costs 849 and works for fiber broadband services. You can get speed upto 300Mbps according to your plan.

If need better ones, check:

TP-Link TL-WR841N 300Mbps
TP-Link Archer C20 AC750
TP-Link Archer C6 AC1200 (I use this one currently)

Any of the above router would cost below INR 3,000. BSNL people are overpricing these simple ones. Better to get them yourself so you can save some money.
Amazon.in: Buy TENDA D303 Wireless N300 ADSL2+/3G Modem Router (All in One) Online at Low Prices in India | Tenda Reviews & Ratings

I have this. Does this support BSNL FTTH?

None of BSNL's under 1k plans have speeds above 100Mbps, so I am fine with this if it works with BSNL FTTH.

@unirockers
abhishekarora

Last edited:
Amazon.in: Buy TENDA D303 Wireless N300 ADSL2+/3G Modem Router (All in One) Online at Low Prices in India | Tenda Reviews & Ratings

I have this. Does this support BSNL FTTH?

None of BSNL's under 1k plans have speeds above 100Mbps, so I am fine with this if it works with BSNL FTTH.

@unirockers
abhishekarora
No it doesn't support, it is an ADSL modem which works on RJ 11 port and fiber modem works on PON port.

To use this you need a convertor which i believe is not original as original fiber router

No it doesn't support, it is an ADSL modem which works on RJ 11 port and fiber modem works on PON port.

To use this you need a convertor which i believe is not original as original fiber router
I don't mind if its not original fiber router, but can I use the converter and expect 100Mbps speeds on it?

I don't mind if its not original fiber router, but can I use the converter and expect 100Mbps speeds on it?
You can't use ADSL router with Fiber internet even with converter. @abhishekarora said it rightly. RJ11 and RJ45 ports are totally different. You can't even connect it, using it far away thing.

You need a cable internet router or call it VDSL.

@Bapun Raz
They mention this works on RJ45 port in the description for fiber connections. Couple of reviews also said BSNL FTTH works on it on LAN1/WAN. And it even supports IPTV on LAN4.
I am just not completely sure. I don't want to waste money if this is compatible.

This ss below is taken from my PC. Green lights up only on the LAN port where I connect it. Currently I have connected LAN1 to my PC through ethernet cable:

lRAMow0.png

This ss below is taken from Amazon site where they mention RJ45 and fiber providers:

Pi7mwkh.png

Last edited:
It looks like it is 2 in 1 type router. Title mentions ADSL2+/3G but it has RJ45 port. So you can proceed with it. It should work with BSNL Fiber.

It looks like it is 2 in 1 type router. Title mentions ADSL2+/3G but it has RJ45 port. So you can proceed with it. It should work with BSNL Fiber.
Thanks bro.
I had done a lot of research before buying it 2yrs back.
Now I had forgotten most of the stuff I chose it for and so wanted to confirm.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock