BSNL Bharat Fiber FTTH General Discussions

Hang on. See the pics yourself and decide yourself will the PON port fit in your ADSL2 modem or not.

Hang on. See the pics yourself and decide yourself will the PON port fit in your ADSL2 modem or not.
The PON port won't fit, but BSNL usually gives RJ45 to connect, I think. Not sure about this.
I will call them and find out this weekend.

PIC 1

2AvoWYW.jpg

PIC 2

6jz2rcH.jpg

PIC 3
Rnky9sf.jpg

Last edited:
The PON port won't fit, but BSNL usually gives RJ45 to connect, I think. Not sure about this.
I will call them and find out this weekend.
They will only provide RJ45 to connect modem to PC yo access internet on PC

PIC 1, comparison between PON port and traditional RJ 11

PIC 2, RJ11 port on Modem (Used to connect telephone for VOIP)

PIC 3, PON port on Modem (Internet fiber main source)

They will only provide RJ45 to connect modem to PC yo access internet on PC
Hmm. This confuses me. BSNL landline guys came to fix dead landline today and gave application for fiber connection. They mentioned modem charges alone are 2.5k and that FTTH is outsourced and also to pay 1 month deposit once again. These charges are too much.
I should ask the FTTH team then.

Last edited:
Hmm. This confuses me. BSNL landline guys came to fix dead landline today and gave application for fiber connection. They mentioned modem charges alone are 2.5k and that FTTH is outsourced and also to pay 1 month deposit once again.
I should ask the FTTH team then.
At my native place, recently BSNL fiber got installed and they provided syrotech fiber modem at 1900/-

At my native place, recently BSNL fiber got installed and they provided syrotech fiber modem at 1900/-
Bro they gave me sheet with the fiber plans, fiber modem price as 2500rs along with application. And they didn't mention, but I think 50rs per month for other device.
I don't think their modems are worth the money. I live in Bengaluru btw. No other FTTH option in my area.

Bro they gave me sheet with the fiber plans, fiber modem price as 2500rs along with application. And they didn't mention, but I think 50rs per month for other device.
I don't think their modems are worth the money. I live in Bengaluru btw. No other FTTH option in my area.
Try to get Huawei HG8145V fiber router. It is a very good router provided by Airtel at my place.

@KGF @abhishekarora Guys pls you both tell me what is the installation charge for bsnl ftth in your areas?
And what is the brand & model numbers of your ONTs?
Also tell me what is the one time security deposit of WiFi ONT and it's monthly rent if taken on rental basis from bsnl exchange?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock