Good News Bought Toshiba Smart TV

Even Android TVs open the previously viewed source by default. Some manufacturers modify the OS to open home page on restart. I have checked multiple TVs and behavior is same.

Same way Mi has modified the OS for some reason which is why it opens the home screen. You know Mi has custom launcher (Patchwall), so that can be the reason. Sony has stock Android OS launcher which doesn't opens the home screen on restart. It directly goes to the set top box source if you have viewed it last time.
Exactly ...
I was also mentioning what I have seen in my Lloyd TV..
Yes maybe difference in different brands..

Default methodology followed by all TV OS is to open the last used source.

MI -> Patchwall has a setting which can be modified to go to any input method by default when the TV opens. For example, if Tatasky STB is connected to HDMI1 and you want TV to directly boot HDMI1 on startup, that can be arranged through setting. Default setting is to go to home on boot.

Some other TVs -> Most TVs have CEC enabled and can detect if any of the connected devices are powered on. Thats how they manage to go to the source which is in power and not on stand by. For example, if we power on STB and TV at the same time, it detects that the STB on HDMI1 is on and directs to HDMI1 source

Default methodology followed by all TV OS is to open the last used source.

MI -> Patchwall has a setting which can be modified to go to any input method by default when the TV opens. For example, if Tatasky STB is connected to HDMI1 and you want TV to directly boot HDMI1 on startup, that can be arranged through setting. Default setting is to go to home on boot.

Some other TVs -> Most TVs have CEC enabled and can detect if any of the connected devices are powered on. Thats how they manage to go to the source which is in power and not on stand by. For example, if we power on STB and TV at the same time, it detects that the STB on HDMI1 is on and directs to HDMI1 source
I have enabled HDMI CEC both in 4K TV and Binge plus box...Still getting Home screen at the startup in my Lloyd 4K TV...

Sony has stock Android OS launcher which doesn't opens the home screen on restart. It directly goes to the set top box source if you have viewed it last time.
Yep.

My father's Sony 4K Android TV does something similar. It is running on Android 8 (came with 7, upgraded to 8)

It opens the last viewed source, no matter what. Meaning, it opens HDMI 1 to 4, or even the Home Screen (provided we previously switched off the TV while we were at Home).

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock