Good News Bought Samsung Galaxy M21

Finally got the phone a few hours back, following are some brief initial notes about it, let me know if you have any questions I'll try to answer them:
havent tried camera or audio yet. features/customisation options seems to be more than stock android.

feels good in the hand even though it is "plastic" (polycarbonate) body but i like that anyways.

weight is not heavy even though it is 6000 mAh battery. display is of course very good looking (super AMOLED) but i dont like dark mode even though it is best for OLED displays.

NOTE you need to sign up for samsung account (you can login with google credentials) to enable "find my phone" feature.

regarding bloatware - Some samsung apps cannot be uninstalled but its OK just removed them from main home screen. facebook and netflix cannot be uninstalled. others could be uninstaled like "HELO" and some other stupid apps it tries to install like TikTok of all things

havent even tried making or receiving calls yet but seems to catch network just fine. Dual simultaneous VoLTE working on both SIMs (airtel and jio).

One potential problem is WIFI sometimes shows "could not authenticate" with my netgear wifi router I have to manually connect - hope it's not a continuing issue.

fingerprint sensor is nice but i prefer it to be in front instead of back. you need to press firmly for it to unlock, if i lightly swipe it does not unlock properly.

fast charger is not really fast - it seems to be taking around 20% per hour to charge rate.

and samsung seems to be slow with updates. it is showing February update only as latest. nothing for march april may til now.

Congratulations for your purchase.. Does it supports Carrier aggregation ? You can check it by going to service menu by dialling *#0011#

Congratulations bro for your new device.

Congratulations bro
-----------
You can uninstall some apps, but apps like FB or Google apps can't be uninstalled. But you can disable those apps. Go to app settings - uninstall updates - clear data and then disable it.

Only Samsung's high-end phones receive monthly security updates. Other receive quarterly security updates (for 2 years), including Galaxy M21.
Samsung Mobile Security

WiFi calling (VoWifi) on both SIMs (airtel and jio) is working fine on my BSNL FTTH connection.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock