Good News Bought Samsung Crystal Dynamic 4K TV (2024)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sparker0i
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 10
  • Views Views: Views 915

Sparker0i

Contributor
Reaction score
Since the last few months I’ve been looking for a new TV, and I even posted a thread here:

Then I waited a few months for more options, but I couldn’t find any, until Samsung released the 2024 editions of their Vivid, Vivid Pro and Crystal Dynamic 4K. I waited a few weeks for reviews to flow in, and when these went on sale on Prime, I decided to snap the Crystal Dynamic one for my house in Kerala.

fKOQrll.jpeg

czGZ9RV.jpeg

This is a 43” 4K LED TV. It is a good IPS panel.
Best part of this tv is that it starts up within 5s. This was one of my biggest gripes with Android TVs, but I’m glad I went for this Tizen based TV instead.

uREK1AX.jpeg

This is one of the thinnest TVs I've seen. Its just 2.5 inches deep. The remote is also sleek, minimal and comfortable.
Since I have an Airtel Xstream box too, when the Samsung TV goes into the Airtel mode, the remote behaves as if it is for Airtel STB, except for the Home button.

Now coming to the voice assistant. I had two choices - Alexa vs Bixby. At the OOBE Setup screen, I was going to select Alexa but there was a connectivity issue with that so I selected Bixby. I thought it was going to be really bad, but I was very surprised when I actually used.

MsiNkw9.jpeg

When I press the mic button, and mention a channel name, it switches to that channel name. It works for most of the channels, including HD channels.
In airtel, it barely recognizes any HD channel through voice recognition.
After sometime, Alexa configuration was successful, but in this respect it was worse than Bixby. So I'm sticking to Bixby for now..

MVqMv39.jpeg

This TV has a 4K upscaler and contrast boosting features. SD channel upscaling barely works, but HD channel upscaled to 4K doesn't feel like an HD channel anymore. To my eyes it is 4K.. After enabling boosting, the TV feels like other more expensive TVs.. Might not be visible here, but its actually good...

Sure there's no Dolby here, but when has any Samsung TV had it anyway?

I got this TV for 28.9k on Great Indian Festival sale. TV was priced for 34.9k, applied a Prime Coupon worth Rs. 2k and an SBI Credit Card offer of Rs. 4k.
Great buy in this price range. Miles better than the Mi TV 43 that I have in Bangalore.

I was very insistent not to get a Chinese brand TV in my house. Thus I was left with very few manufacturers - Sony, Samsung, LG, VU and Blaupunkt.
  • Sony TV started at Rs. 39k (after discounts) and was an Android TV (red flag for me)
  • LG I had heard bad things about WebOS, thus despite having similar price like Samsung I decided not to go for it.
  • VU and Blaupunkt didn't have service center in my city in Kerala and were Android TV again..

Dynamic has a better processor, bluetooth remote, More Brightness, Produces Better colors, Lot Better Upscaler, Has a smaller and rechargable remote..
And what about Vivid and Vivid Pro?

Samsung has made it really confusing. At first there used to be only Crystal 4K. Now there's multiple. Vivid, Vivid Pro & Dynamic (Also, what does "D Series" mean?). All priced just a few thousand rupees apart from each other. And at a glance all seems to have the same set of features. 😵
My friend was looking to buy a TV. He got confused. Then he asked me. I got confused too. Later, he went for Xiaomi X Pro QLED instead.

Any specific reason why you didn't wanted a Google TV?
Startup times bro. All Google TVs within 35k that I've seen take at least 30s to boot, if not more.
My expectation from a TV is that it should boot up right after the power supply is turned on. In that respect this TV is better as it takes only 5s to boot and go to the home screen.

Startup times bro. All Google TVs within 35k that I've seen take at least 30s to boot, if not more.
Oops yeah. Even a good processor Google TV takes longer time to boot. But due to better apps support and UI I always go for it.

Google shows a nice animation till the TV starts. So I enjoy that. 😜

Back
Top Bottom