• Replies: Replies 26
  • Views: Views 10,262

Siva

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I was looking to buy a dual-band router, as I was having issues with Bluetooth interference on the 2.4 GHz band. I have ordered the TP-Link Archer A6 AC1200 on Amazon 2 days ago. It cost me 2499. The product was delivered today.

In the box:

Router, Adapter, and a LAN cable.

J4J3dEk.jpg

L2gKSrU.jpg

Setup:

I have used the TP-Link Tether mobile app to configure it. It took a few tries to get the mobile connected to the router through the app. However, the setup went well once the connection was made.

Coverage and Speed:

I placed the router in the living room and I'm getting a good signal on the 5 GHz band in bedrooms too, so that is good. I have connected all the streaming devices to the 5 GHz network and a few devices to the 2.4 GHz network.

Speed on 5 GHz band:

G82WV76.jpg

Speed on 2.4 GHz band:

1BV2DOg.jpg

I will continue to monitor how this router performs, it seems to be good for the initial impressions!

Congratulations bro. Good choice. This router looks like the upgraded version of Archer C6.

Congrats bro. Do you have a fiber internet? If yes, how did you setup the username and password on this router, also was any change needed on the old router/modem?

Do you have a fiber internet? If yes, how did you setup the username and password on this router, also was any change needed on the old router/modem?
You can connect using the ISP provided username & password through PPPoE connection or directly through the GPON via DHCP connection. Configuration of TP Link routers are very easy.

You can connect using the ISP provided username & password through PPPoE connection or directly through the GPON via DHCP connection. Configuration of TP Link routers are very easy.
I really want to go for a new router. Problem is my GPON is also a router, some local brand called Genexis. I fear if I mess up anything, I will lose access to Railwire internet, and will have to call my LCO, who doesn't really respond on time, despite him staying like 5 houses away from me 🤷🏻‍♂️.

I tried setting up my old Netgear router with this, but couldn't get it to work.

So that's why I'm asking, is there anything to be changed on the GPON router?

C6 vs A6 comparison at TP Link official site. Nearly zero differences. :D

Compare Product: Archer A6 vs Archer C6

I tried setting up my old Netgear router with this, but couldn't get it to work.
If that's the case, you need someone's assistance and your LCO will be the best person to assist you.

will have to call my LCO, who doesn't really respond on time, despite him staying like 5 houses away from me 🤷🏻‍♂️.
My LCO configures remotely through AnyDesk. So you can ask him if he can do so.

But, I know wifi enabled GPON also works fine with these TP Link routers. In fact @Siva bro may have got a wifi GPON considering his ISP is ACT.

Congrats bro. Do you have a fiber internet? If yes, how did you setup the username and password on this router, also was any change needed on the old router/modem?
I have ACT Fibernet bro. I have setup the router in PPPoE mode. I also had an option to use Dynamic IP, but that would mean that I need to enter the user name and password occasionally in the browser.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock