Bought a Sony 5. 1 HTS

Ensure that your TV supports 5.1 audio. Otherwise no use of HDMI ARC because what ARC does is it transfers whatever audio comes to TV speakers to HT. If audio in TV is in stereo mode then it goes to HT through ARC Cable and comes to all five speakers of HT which give Virtual surround effect but not real 5.1split audio effect. The ARC cable do not convert TV's stereo audio into 5.1 audio in HT.
If you want to play the content with 5.1 audio output in a pen drive then connect it directly to the USB port of HT. If you want to enjoy the TV channels with 5.1 audio( where available) then connect your HT to STB with an spdif optical cable. That's it.
Bro, now it works (ARC) well. I compare both ports. In ARC, the original sound is feel.👍🙏

@ramesh sky & @Siva bro.. i am planning to buy the same model..but my tv has built in set top box.. tv has hdmi arc... whether it can give 5.1 dolby digital sound output ? also sony ht rt3 does it support dolby digital plus?
You can connect it to the TV through HDMI ARC. And this model doesn't support Dolby Digital Plus.

You can connect it to the TV through HDMI ARC. And this model doesn't support Dolby Digital Plus.
@Siva thanks bro.. can u suggest me which home theatre is best under 15000rs and it supports sun direct hd channel audio output? in sun direct audio is dd+2.0

Yes. Siva Bro is correct. If you feel DD+ , you go for a big k. So I also have , he suggested for you. It's a good one. 👍 and a question. Your sun direct STB have HDMI dobly audio output like, TS technicolour cardless STB? Bro.

Last edited:
Unless you have 7.1 speaker setup DD+ will not be useful. You can go with RT3, it's a good model.
Unless you have 7.1 speaker setup DD+ will not be useful. You can go with RT3, it's a good model.
bro @Siva in sundiresct audio is mentined as DOLBY D+ 2.O.....and in sun direct website,it is said as 5.1 dolby digital surround..... i am still confused,,, does ht rt3 will support this? big head ache for me... sorry for troubling you bro

bro @Siva in sundiresct audio is mentined as DOLBY D+ 2.O.....and in sun direct website,it is said as 5.1 dolby digital surround..... i am still confused,,, does ht rt3 will support this? big head ache for me... sorry for troubling you bro
I used Sun Direct with my Dolby Digital Home Theater. It was working fine. I recommend you to get Airtel DTH if you need the best audio quality.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock