BCCI president Srinivasan may quit if Meiyappan is arrested: sources told cnn-ibn

• Thread starter Thread starter abhi1276
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 62
  • Views Views: Views 6,274

should Mr.Srinivasan quit BCCI president post?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With Gurunath Meiyappan the legal process has already started. He has been banned immediately. The disciplinary procedure will be initiated. A commission, including a member independent of BCCI, will investigate into this. I am not part of this commission. I will not play any role in its appointment or its work." - N Srinivasan
"Lastly I would like to take an opportunity to thank our sponsors and broadcasters who have, contrary to reports, stood by the BCCI." - N Srinivasan

"All the reports that there was a revolt in the BCCI, none of that happened. The BCCI is united. It is determined to work and justify people's faith in the IPL." - N Srinivasan

"I have explained this many times. I have done nothing wrong. If there is anything I have personally done wrong, then it is a different matter. I have again said I will not allow myself to be railroaded, pushed, threatened to quick. We will act swiftly. There will be no distinction between people." - N Srinivasan

"There is no accusation against the CSK team. The public will disagree with you. People who are selling out stadiums are answering you." - N Srinivasan

I don't have to respond to that Sharad Pawar's party';s demands for his resignation]. The NCP is not a member of the BCCI. I don't have to respond to that." - N Srinivasan

We have appointed a commission. He has been travelling with the team. He is enthusiastic. It's fine. What his role was. Whether he transcended any rule... the commission will find out." - N Srinivasan

With Gurunath Meiyappan the legal process has already started. He has been banned immediately. The disciplinary procedure will be initiated. A commission, including a member independent of BCCI, will investigate into this. I am not part of this commission. I will not play any role in its appointment or its work." - N Srinivasa

"I am not going to sit and explain to you what his role was. India Cements has already issued a statement on what his role was. The commission will answer your question as to what Guru's role was. I have distanced myself form the appointment of the commission." - N Srinivasan

"There is nothing against me. No one has said I have done anything wrong. It is for the commission to decide who they want to talk to." - N Srinivasan

"The inquiry commission will go into all this. The rules are broad. They give a number of options to the BCCI. Let it run its course. I am not part of that commission. I cannot answer your question. BCCI will be swift. BCCI will be fair." - N Srinivasan

Under the IPL operational rules, there are already five members in a commission. Shukla, Jaitley, Shirke, Shastri, Jagdale. Two of them plus an independent member will form the commission." - N Srinivasan

You cannot assume the people of the board can't act fairly." - N Srinivasan

"It's not as if it has only board members. There will be an independent member too." - N Srinivasan

"It was a trial by media for me. The cricketing community knows who wants me out. They are not in the board, I can assure that." - N Srinivasan

The attention that has been given, the opinions that have been solicited, and from the type of people they are solicited from, leaves a lot to be desired." - N Srinivasan

All Reports Repeating Same Question But Srini Also Repeating Same Answer,

He's Repeating That "When I Did Nothing Wrong, Why Should I Quit?"

"The BCCI believes in procedures, fair approach and natural justice. It will conduct the inquiry through a precess." - N Srinivasan

CSK is owned by a public limited company called India Cements, which has more than a lakh share owners. India Cements has been supporting cricket even before there was any money in cricket. India Cements used to provide employment to a lot of cricketers. It is the same company that is running Chennai Super Kings, like the many teams it runs in Chennai league. The CFO of India Cements, R Srinivasan, looks into the finances of CSK. [Some others named] He [Guru] never came to CSK offices. He used to go with the team because he was enthusiastic." - N Srinivasan

Back
Top Bottom