OTF Exclusive Bayern Munich are the Champions of Bundesliga Season 2020-2021

They have 4 channels dedicated to sports and in past they have shown Champions league on Pix too.How many more channels do you need?
They skip many serie A and UCL/UEL matches because They telecast football on Sony Ten 1/2 only. 3 is used for special events or knockout stage because they have Hindi commentary. They haven't used Six for Football. It's reserved for International cricket series.

Eurosport and 1Sport will offer a very small amount, Bundesliga may not come that cheap. Bundesliga already cut the rights amount by 60%, still Star was not interested.
it's bad that like past world cup winner france team and no taker of french league.

now bundesliga champions and uefa champions league champions are bayern munich and again rights tug of war started

Eurosport and 1Sport will offer a very small amount, Bundesliga may not come that cheap. Bundesliga already cut the rights amount by 60%, still Star was not interested.
I think Star asked them to cut the rights amount by 60% for which Bundesliga didn't agree

They skip many serie A and UCL/UEL matches because They telecast football on Sony Ten 1/2 only. 3 is used for special events or knockout stage because they have Hindi commentary. They haven't used Six for Football. It's reserved for International cricket series.
They don't miss any match of note.No one will watch C.Verona vs H.Verona or Spal vs Lecce.

IMO one broadcaster should hold rights for one league only. European league have nearly same timing always. Star had rights for Bundesliga and EPL. So they had to skip many matches of both sometimes. It's best for us fans if Star, sony, Discovery and lex all 4 have rights for different league. So that we can just subscribe to whichever channel and watch our club match. Multiple rights mean when there will be cricket match, they will just stop broadcasting less popular league.

IMO one broadcaster should hold rights for one league only. European league have nearly same timing always. Star had rights for Bundesliga and EPL. So they had to skip many matches of both sometimes. It's best for us fans if Star, sony, Discovery and lex all 4 have rights for different league. So that we can just subscribe to whichever channel and watch our club match. Multiple rights mean when there will be cricket match, they will just stop broadcasting less popular league.
That's true but Cricket in India and the subcontinent has much much more viewership than Football.I don't think there is anything wrong if channels show things which will help them get more advertisement.What angered me was Star when they used to show repeat telecast of Magnificent Ashwin,Fabulous Virat on loop instead of showing live matches .This was before they come up with the Select HD1 & 2 channels.I remember sending them long nasty mails :)

If i am reading correctly it says that Star OFFERED 60% less money and not that Bundesliga cut the rates by 60%.Anyway UEFA has started a precedence,they are returning back some 500 mill Euros to broadcasters worldwide for them to cope up with loses.I think now the days of eye watering deals are over atleast for next 3-4 years.Bundesliga will have to adjust their targets and go for more or less same amount of money which Star offered

That's true but Cricket in India and the subcontinent has much much more viewership than Football.I don't think there is anything wrong if channels show things which will help them get more advertisement.What angered me was Star when they used to show repeat telecast of Magnificent Ashwin,Fabulous Virat on loop instead of showing live matches .This was before they come up with the Select HD1 & 2 channels.I remember sending them long nasty mails :)
Even after SELECT 1/2, they are telecasting dog out feed instead of football. Trust me i with @somnath chakraborty have repeatedly raised that issue on twitter. Star is a big irresponsible broadcaster!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock