Babar Azam Stepped Down As Pakistan's Captain In All Formats

PCB Chairman Management Committee Zaka Ashraf and Babar Azam met at the PCB headquarters in Lahore today and had a cordial meeting to discuss various aspects and the World Cup performance. Babar was asked to continue as Test captain, while he has been relieved of captaincy in white-ball cricket for him to focus on one format.

After consultation with his family, Babar decided to step down and PCB stands behind his decision.

The PCB has changed the portfolio of the entire coaching staff including Director Cricket Mickey Arthur. All coaches will continue to work in National Cricket Academy while PCB will announce the new coaching staff in due course for the upcoming series in Australia and New Zealand.

73eWrLo.jpg

Shan has been appointed captain till the end of the ICC World Test Championship 2023-25. Shan’s first assignment as captain will be a three-match Test series against Australia in Australia starting from 14 December.

Meanwhile, left-arm pacer Shaheen Shah will lead Pakistan Men’s Team in the T20I format and his first assignment as captain will be the five-match T20I series in New Zealand from 12 to 21 January. 23-year-old Shaheen has bagged 64 wickets in 52 T20Is. Shaheen has also captained Lahore Qalandars in HBL PSL and has helped the side win the tournament twice in two years in the 2022 and 2023 editions.

Shan and Shaheen were appointed captains after Babar Azam today stepped down from all three formats of the game. Pakistan’s captain in the ODI format will be announced in due course.

Maybe because of his county experience. He's the captain of Yorkshire. He's already 34 I think he's just a transitional captain until they groom a new one
They are not grooming players only. Neither in tests, nor in ODI cricket. Saim Ayub, Ali Zaryab, Tayyab Tahir, Kamran Ghulam, Basit Ali, Qasim Akram not getting enough chances and they bring old captain. Not a way to go. These things happen when you appoint Dean Elgar and De Cock after Faf Du plessis. See how the smooth transition it was after Pollock to Smith to ABD.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock