Pakistan coach Micky Arthur say Babar Azam as good as Indian Test skipper Virat Kohli

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Pakistan head coach Mickey Arthur has heaped praise on batsman Babar Azam, comparing him with Indian Test captain Virat Kohli.

As quoted by Express Tribune, Arthur said, "He's a young gun who will be an exceptional player. I'll go so far as to say, at the same age, I reckon, he's as good as Virat Kohli, which I know that's high praise but he's right up there."

"I think we've become better and better as the series has gone on. We arrived straight from Dubai to five days of rain in Nelson so we didn't get any training or a practice game, which was completely rained out. And there was an earthquake as well," the Pakistan coach added.

"We almost went into the first Test match pretty cold, played OK there and we've played a lot better in this [second] Test match. Had this series gone another Test match we would have been better for the conditions. Hopefully, this has put us in good stead for what we can experience in Australia," he said on series loss to New Zealand.

On present, Babar averages 46.40 after three Tests under his belt and 52.11 with 18 ODIs. In the process, Azam has hit three centuries and five fifties in limited overs cricket.

After a 2-0 whitewash against New Zealand, Pakistan are now preparing to face Australia in a three-match Test series which starts-off with a day-night Test in Brisbane on December 15.

In New Zealand, Pakistan also create an
unwanted World Record after losing 9 wickets in the last session of the final Test.

The remaining two matches will be played at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (Dec 26-30) and the Sydney Cricket Ground.

Pakistan coach Micky Arthur says Babar Azam as good as Indian Test skipper Virat Kohli | Zee News

why he is crying .. Is he coach of pak cricket team or manager of pcb :rofl:rofl:hehe:lol;) ..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock