Australia tour of India | 2019

• Thread starter Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,025
  • Views Views: Views 65,301
Virat Captaincy with Bowling changes was also questionable in 4th Odi
1) When 2 wickets felt early of Australia, there was no intent shown by India to bowl opposition Out rather they were bowling out their 5th Bowlers quota, if at that time any 1 out of Kul-Cha would have brought into attack we would have got Khawaja or Handscomb Wicket way below 20th over mark.
2) Why to give Kedhar Jadhav 5 overs when there was dew, Vijay Shankar was bowling better at that time
3) Vijay Shankar batting down the order even below Jadhav is shocking move
4) Virat should have come at No 3 at that time nor at No.4
5) Win Toss u should always bowl 1st, Never seen no dew on this wicket in D/N matches.

@Justlita22 bro, I gotta say India, including Virat was complacent in the 2nd innings. They just wanted to finish the 50 overs, they were behaving as if they have already won the match. Only after 40th over when Turner started his onslaught did they realize what was happening, but it was too late by then. As you mentioned in your other post, it's not over unless it's over. So they better fire in all cylinders at least in the decider. Otherwise, we are up for a humiliating home series defeat, that too before the World Cup. Imagine what that will do to the confidence of the team.

Virat Captaincy with Bowling changes was also questionable in 4th Odi
1) When 2 wickets felt early of Australia, there was no intent shown by India to bowl opposition Out rather they were bowling out their 5th Bowlers quota, if at that time any 1 out of Kul-Cha would have brought into attack we would have got Khawaja or Handscomb Wicket way below 20th over mark.
2) Why to give Kedhar Jadhav 5 overs when there was dew, Vijay Shankar was bowling better at that time
3) Vijay Shankar batting down the order even below Jadhav is shocking move
4) Virat should have come at No 3 at that time nor at No.4
5) Win Toss u should always bowl 1st, Never seen no dew on this wicket in D/N matches.
I accept all points except last one.virst knew about his team and how they chased in 3rd odi.think if aus scored 350 plus runs and ind were down by 48/2 kohli only have to play hard till 40th over when he out and all will follow him to the pavilion.ultimately india would have losed the game.
Jadeja and pant will keep try to get out even if aus miss some stumping and catching chances. :LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
Not kidding. Last match was set to convince critics to bring Dhoni. No wonder review was lost on such pathetic manner. Even multiple catch misses seemed fishy.

Last edited:
It's a shocking defeat to say the least. For me the reasons are way too many.
* @Siva bro mentioned complacency in 2nd innings (after Maxwell wicket) - It's actually THE turning point. Though for me, complacency was actually started in first innings after 267 in 40 overs (if not at 193-0). Jadhav wasn't even trying to score. Everyone thought 330 would be enough.
*Missed chances! Miss(es) of Pant aren't too important as those were very early. Also left leg-side stumpings are very difficult even for the veterans. India was very much on top even after those. But if Jadhav could hold onto that easy catch, match could have turned.
*Virat was bamboozled by dew twice in two games.
*Wrong side of DRS twice. To me, 'Ball tracking' of Khwaja DRS was another technical glitch just like Finch's in last match. Pant was excellent in 2 occasions of DRS. He rightly convinced Virat not to go for DRS, whereas everyone wanted. The 2nd one was a clear nick. 3rd umpire was totally wrong here.
*Previously mentioned, Shami might fail in odd innings, but never be too much expensive. The 20-runs over (45th) from Bhuvi was one of the most critical point, he again gave away 18 in next over.
*Not giving Shankar few more overs.

Virat must have learnt now that, no match is over till it's over.
Finishing with my own words: Cricket is a great leveler.

It's a shocking defeat to say the least. For me the reasons are way too many.
* @Siva bro mentioned complacency in 2nd innings (after Maxwell wicket) - It's actually THE turning point. Though for me, complacency was actually started in first innings after 267 in 40 overs (if not at 193-0). Jadhav wasn't even trying to score. Everyone thought 330 would be enough.
*Missed chances! Miss(es) of Pant aren't too important as those were very early. Also left-side stumpings are very difficult even for the veterans. India was very much on top even after those. But if Jadhav could hold onto that easy catch, match could have turned.
*Virat was bamboozled by dew twice in two games.
*Wrong side of DRS twice. To me, 'Ball tracking' of Khwaja DRS was another technical glitch just like Finch's in last match. Pant was excellent in 2 occasions of DRS. He rightly convinced Virat not to go for DRS, whereas everyone wanted. The 2nd one was a clear nick. 3rd umpire was totally wrong here.
*Previously mentioned, Shami might fail in odd innings, but never be too much expensive. The 20-runs over (45th) from Bhuvi was one of the most critical point, he again gave away 18 in next over.
*Not giving Shankar few more overs.

Virat must have learnt now that, no match is over till it's over.
Finishing with my own words: Cricket is a great leveler.
Mostly agreed, except for couple of points bro.

Missed stumping of Turner was way too important and it actually cost us the game IMO. It was in the 44th over, and Turner was on 38 at that time and Aus needed 72 off 42. By the time Kedhar missed the catch, Australia needed just 20 off 23 balls, and match had already gone out of India's grasp with Carey still at the crease and Richardson and Cummins yet to come. I agree with you on leg side stumpings being tough, but we can't ignore the fact that it was a crucial miss.

2nd DRS for Turner's catch was not a nick IMO. You can watch in the highlights that there was gap between bat and ball and the spike existed even before the ball reached bat and the larger spike came only after ball passed the bat. And 3rd umpire does not have a conclusive evidence stuff to override the on-field call, as there was no hot spot.

Back
Top Bottom