Australia tour of India | 2019

• Thread starter Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,025
  • Views Views: Views 65,301
I still doubt how MSK Prasad become Cheif Selector, he not even played 10 tests or 20 ODI's, and he is Judging / Selecting a Player, who played more innings than him..what a pity!!

To judge/Select a player or coaching its not necessary that you shud ve played more international cricket than the players. Knowledge abt the game, spotting young talents, watching more 1st class matches & talent hunt, man management(coaching) would do.

Examples

Mickey Arthur
Dav whatmore
John Buchanan

& much more.

Indian Example

Lalchand Rajput has an attractive Cv(ICC T20 world cup title 2007)& better results to show as a coach/Manager than Kapil Dev.

Last edited:
Not 12 innings even 1 or 2 inngs we can tell whether a player has class or not.
Player selection can be based on performance only not with class.you can't compare rahul with any other player who played almost 1 and half years in team.ignoring them and selecting this guy will be a blunder.This will reduce players mental strength and their effort.

My XI for Today -

Rahul
Dhawan
Virat
Dhoni
Shankar
Kedar
Pant
Jadeja
Chahal
Bhuvi
Bumrah

I will give rest to Rohit, Shami and Kuldeep and drop Rayudu.

Last edited:
My XI for Today -

Rahul
Dhawan
Virat
Dhoni
Shankar
Kedar
Pant
Jadeja
Chahal
Bhuvi
Bumrah

I will give rest to Rohit, Shami and Kuldeep and drop Rayudu.
Bhuvi not available :ok2: He'll be with squad from 4th Odi.

To judge/Select a player or coaching its not necessary that you shud ve played more international cricket than the players. Knowledge abt the game, spotting young talents, watching more 1st class matches & talent hunt, man management(coaching) would do.

Examples

Mickey Arthur
Dav whatmore
John Buchanan

& much more.

Indian Example

Lalchand Rajput has an attractive Cv(ICC T20p world cup title 2007)& better results to show as a coach/Manager than Kapil Dev.
Bro am not telling about coaching, my point is selection, can you compare MSK with any one you mentioned. Coaching is completely different than selection. Am not talking about coaching.

Last edited:
Bro am not telling about coaching, my point is selection, can you compare MSK with any one you mentioned. Coaching is completely different than selection. Am not talking about coaching.

My point is when a coach with no or little international playing experience can have an bigger impact why not an selector whose job is very simple compared to coaching. He just need to watch more, spot talent & have a long term vision. That's all.

Player selection can be based on performance only not with class.you can't compare rahul with any other player who played almost 1 and half years in team.ignoring them and selecting this guy will be a blunder.This will reduce players mental strength and their effort.

Only time will tell whether selecting him s a blunder or not. When you mark a player he s one for the future & have potential he ll have a longer rope.

You know abt longer rope & repeated chances Rohit got 8-10 years back, you see where he s now. He s most trolled player those days in social medias, comparing to Rohit, Rahul chances are nothing.

Rahul has potential whether using that & become a great player or not using that entirely depends on him. We can't write him off based on 16 odd Odi's. Let the time decide, why you are so serious abt this.

You know abt longer rope & repeated chances Rohit got 8-10 years back, you see where he s now. He s most trolled player those days in social medias, comparing to Rohit, Rahul chances are nothing.
MSD backed Rohit way too much. For me, no other player in Indian cricket history had so much luck/chances after having so much failures.
Second most is also at MSD era, Jadeja.

Back
Top Bottom