Australia tour of India | 2019

• Thread starter Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,025
  • Views Views: Views 65,301
4th wicket gone ☹️
Last wkt: Lokesh Rahul c Finch b Coulter-Nile 50(36)

1st wicket gone ☹
Last wkt: Rohit Sharma c Zampa b Behrendorff 5(8)
Kohli out 24 run
Virat Kohli Gone ☹
Last wkt: Virat Kohli c Coulter-Nile b Zampa 24(17)
Pant out on 3 run
Ind 80/3 (10 ovs)
Bros, no hard feelings but are these of any value? Don't think anyone following DDF for scores or current status. Look at @Siva bro, he never posts such things.

Looks like he's proving you and few other people wrong bro!!
But Karthik proving you right!
And about Dinesh Karthik, whenever he got an opportunity at top order failure (Whenever India lost top 3 batsman early), he too failed😊😊😊 His game in my opinion doesn't suit ODI cricket, especially when there are so many overs left. He is the kind of a guy who can get quick fire 30-40 runs at the end of the innings and finish things off. But he doesn't know how to play when a lot of overs are left in the 50 overs quota😊😊😊. That's why he got selected for T20Is and dropped for ODIs. The finisher role he is playing can be played by anyone in ODIs

It was Ganguly, Dravid and Sehwag, before the famous VB Series in 2008, which of course India went on to win. It was well depicted in his biopic too. His cause was "Slow Fielding". Laxman I think was out of ODIs much before that😊😊😊

Dhoni's view in 2013 about being a liability to the team.

No one should be a liability in team: MS Dhoni

And as I said a few times before, Dhoni should not be playing T20Is. But the reason I think he is being selected for T20Is is to allow him as much game time as possible before the 50 over world cup, which he is going to play anyway😊😊😊 There's no point in dropping him from T20Is before the mega event, as not much ODI cricket is left before it. There is no one in the team as experienced as him right now. At the time all the seniors were shown exit doors earlier, Sachin filled the gap between the old/new generation. Now, Dhoni is doing that job. I'm sure he won't wait a second as soon as he becomes a liability to the team. Don't worry, you will be happy very soon😊😊😊, just wait till the ODI World Cup.

And if you missed Ravi Shastri's interview about Dhoni, below is a snippet of what he said. He had answered your questions, you need to read.

Question: But Dhoni has come under sharp criticism, even from ex-Indian players, precisely because he is not the same batsman as he was in 2008 or 2011. There was a lot of criticism about his knock in Sydney, which split opinion everywhere.

Ravi Shastri: Nobody is good enough to criticise MS Dhoni. If you talk about him, do you even know anything about cricket?

Dhoni is like Sachin Tendulkar, Kapil Dev and Sunil Gavaskar. These guys come once in 30-40 years. He is an ornament to the game.
He has been the captain of a number one Test team, and has two World Cups to his name. In fact, tell me which trophy has he not won? Name it. There is no space in his trophy cabinet.

I think people should learn a thing or two about cricket before they start talking about Dhoni. You don't get a guy (of his experience and ability) overnight.

If you want to read the full interview, it's here

Discussion - Ravi Shastri's take on MS Dhoni in his exclusive interview

And about Dinesh Karthik, whenever he got an opportunity at top order failure (Whenever India lost top 3 batsman early), he too failed😊😊😊 His game in my opinion doesn't suit ODI cricket, especially when there are so many overs left. He is the kind of a guy who can get quick fire 30-40 runs at the end of the innings and finish things off. But he doesn't know how to play when a lot of overs are left in the 50 overs quota😊😊😊. That's why he got selected for T20Is and dropped for ODIs. The finisher role he is playing can be played by anyone in ODIs (Kedhar or Hardik for example and they give you a bowling option too). I agree that he is a good player, but in ODIs he is not up there. He might still make it to the WC probables though😊😊😊

PS: Post was long, but you know the QUOTE😊😊😊
1. Bcci never remove any popular player when they are out of form.this happened with sachin,ganguly,dravid now continuous with dhoni.virat kohli will be treated in same way in future.
2. Australian team always select world cup players who performed well past 2 or 3 yrs consistent not because of old records or got world cup sentimental.for example ricky ponting won 2 world cups for aus.when he lose in semi final against india 2011 he retired from world cup knowing that he will be treated bad by aus board.
3. Ravi sastri even supporting this kl rahul 😊😊😊😊 he says he is great player.as a coach he always support his players.
Even if we lose in world cup 2019 and dhoni didnt perform well also he will still support dhoni and give the same answer which u quoted.😊😊😊 kohli selected ravi sastri as coach by removing with anil kumble.this all knew.selection panel full of politics.

Back
Top Bottom