Amazon Prime Video App & Website - News & Updates

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 286
  • Views: Views 72,657
As screenshot got removed as per site rules. Here is the link.

With regard to CTVs, there is an increased interest from broadcasters and even OEMs. But advertisers are still not very excited about it. What are your thoughts on this?

Let’s go back to when digital advertising first emerged. Initially, it was primarily focussed on display advertising. It then expanded into search and other formats. However, CTVs have disrupted this natural progression. Consumers are embracing it, but marketers haven’t fully caught up with the experience.
If you had asked me back in January, I would have said it was still in its early stages, just finding its footing. Finecast took the lead in productising the CTV space. As a result, we’re now witnessing triple-digit growth rates. For instance, after the IPL, there has been a tremendous surge.

JioCinema is taking it all up in creating the ad inventory. Viacom18 is miles ahead in this.

I did not think the word ‘Ambani’ would elicit such a response.

Jio revolutionized the Indian Telecom Industry. Agree?

You do know they make profit right?

They make 4500Cr+ each quarter in just profits alone.

Along with it, India became one of the largest digital market in the world right next to China. But what India didn’t have so far is a clear data set of affluent consumer base. Jio is single-handedly creating an advertising industry for this specific target group. I work in programmatic advertising. This CTV customer base will be huge in the next few years.

Viacom18 Sports Head has said it multiple times that they don’t plan on having Sports behind a paywall. That’s how they can recoup their investment partially but major share will be from CTV ads.

Smartphone Users - 400-600M
Wired Broadband - 30-35M

Jio plans to target 80-100M smartphone users and 25-30M CTV users. While linear is not declining rapidly in India like the US but that is where we will be going. We’re 10 years behind US most of the time.

Why are we talking about US? Because Sports has always been bundled along with other cable channels in the US. And now that linear is practically dying they don’t have another medium to monetise the sports property. Disney is struggling to launch ESPN+ mainly because of this. Amazon is streaming TNF (NFL) at a loss. Even in the UK and EU, companies like Sky, TNT Sports - Warner Bros. Discovery (formerly BT Sport), Viaplay, DAZN don’t have a viable business model for streaming. Warner Bros. Discovery is doing it with Eurosports in the UK but they’re niche rights. Nobody has developed a platform to shift the ad inventory from linear television to streaming completely.

That is what Mukesh Ambani and Uday Shankar are planning to achieve. Or that’s what I am assuming. Uday Shankar has said in a recent interview that their competition is television. Great. We can defeat television if cable companies start offering internet connection through their distribution network. Cable companies like Comcast and Charter are doing exactly that in the US.

I am not a blind right wing enthusiast to support Ambani.
As screenshot got removed as per site rules. Here is the link.

With regard to CTVs, there is an increased interest from broadcasters and even OEMs. But advertisers are still not very excited about it. What are your thoughts on this?

Let’s go back to when digital advertising first emerged. Initially, it was primarily focussed on display advertising. It then expanded into search and other formats. However, CTVs have disrupted this natural progression. Consumers are embracing it, but marketers haven’t fully caught up with the experience.
If you had asked me back in January, I would have said it was still in its early stages, just finding its footing. Finecast took the lead in productising the CTV space. As a result, we’re now witnessing triple-digit growth rates. For instance, after the IPL, there has been a tremendous surge.

JioCinema is taking it all up in creating the ad inventory. Viacom18 is miles ahead in this.
Lol they're entering every sector, your expecting Ads from their competitors on their platform. Somethings will understand slowly one day.

Amazon prime now available for 999 per year instead of 1498 for limited time.
PQOJlRT.jpg
jga2c1S.jpg

** Offer Alert **

Rs.200 cashback for Amazon Prime customers for streaming for the first time ever on the Amazon Music app.

They push this notification daily. It's like they want users to unsubscribe.
V4LxWbZ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock