Discussion Airtel wants to increase data prices to ₹100 per GB, Sunil Mittal asks subscribers to ‘prepare to pay a lot more’

Yeah it's short period we have enough money on that time
I didn't recharge last time. Won't recharge this time either. I don't mind paying ₹50 over being stuck with operators with no guarantee of good services.

I didn't recharge last time. Won't recharge this time either. I don't mind paying ₹50 over being stuck with operators with no guarantee of good services.
U can't category any telecom in our country is best one everybody giving worst service 2G in the name of 4G especially AVoID

For years, I have been using yearly plans for Home Broadband and Mobile Phone and it works out economical with no hassle of recharging. Currently on 1498 recharge of Airtel. It also takes care of these price changes but thats a minor benefit according to me.
I recharged my Airtel with Rs.998 on October 11, 2019.

Validity = 336 days (~11 months or =28 days*12)

Unlimited Calls

300 Local+STD SMS for every 28 days

Data = 12GB (I am not that much of a mobile data consumer as I use Wi-Fi 90% of the time. I still have 11+ GBs unused)

And then Airtel hiked the price of this plan a few months later. So when I recharged for my father after the hike, on Dec 8, 2019, it was Rs.1498, with:

Validity: 365 days

Unlimited Calls

3600 SMS

Data = 24GB (My father consumes more mobile data than me. He exhausted the data a couple of weeks ago. Then he recharged with Rs.98 plan, which provides 12GB until the end of existing Unlimited Pack's validity)

My number's 998 plan validity ends on September 10, post which I'll probably have to go with the 1498 plan 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
You will be lucky if you recharge the same 1498 as per current situation on any time hike will be impose
So here's the difference:

998÷336 = Rs.2.97 per day

1498÷365 = Rs.4.10 per day

4.10 - 2.97 = Rs.1.13 extra per day 🤓

In the mean time, Govt. pressures TRAI to implement Floor tariffs for Data & Voice.
Expecting output for Rs.100 = 5GB DATA with 500 off-net Voice minutes.

in my opinion, data tariff should be as per consumption within reasonable limits (Pay as u go). It will not only improve the network quality (by reducing unnecessary consumption), but also benefit users having less usage scenarios.

in my opinion, data tariff should be as per consumption within reasonable limits (Pay as u go). It will not only improve the network quality (by reducing unnecessary consumption), but also benefit users having less usage scenarios.
That's old postpaid system ur talking about .. that's a failed one Telecom have loophole to loot the customer in data usuage .. ex) for the entire month if customer consumed 3gb then Telecom will give bill for 6 gb we have no other choice to pay the same coz till now we don't have legal application to check data consumption if means too telecom won't accept that

That's old postpaid system ur talking about .. that's a failed one Telecom have loophole to loot the customer in data usuage .. ex) for the entire month if customer consumed 3gb then Telecom will give bill for 6 gb we have no other choice to pay the same coz till now we don't have legal application to check data consumption if means too telecom won't accept that
Nope. I am taking about the prepaid system itself. They can make recharges available for all usage and price points instead of forcing 1 or 2GB per day. For example, people with less data usage are currently ok with 379 plans from AVOID which gives 6GB data for 84 days. What they can do is keep the validity system for Unlimited Calls/SMS system and keep data as an Add ON as per requirement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock