Discussion Airtel, Vodafone Idea Removing IUC Charges

• Thread starter Abhinav
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 137
  • Views: Views 18,423
But why! They just announced the new plans. Why they are abolishing the IUC in a hurry! Didn't they know the consequences before? I don't think they are doing this because of Twitter backlash!! They must have planned this move much before!

But why! They just announced the new plans. Why they are abolishing the IUC in a hurry! Didn't they know the consequences before? I don't think they are doing this because of Twitter backlash!! They must have planned this move much before!
Even better, competition always helps consumers and Airtel just hit Jio, this is going to harm their huge user base

Great Move...:clap2:Either Jio make some compromise with offnet call limits or they will play any bad tricks against this.
I think this is to offset the ₹100 price difference. I doubt Jio would remove it considering their stance on IUC. Furthermore, IUC impacts Jio more than anyone else as the traffic is asymmetric and Jio has to shell out more for the IUC.
Even there is a 100 or 50rs price difference, UL calls is a trump card for Airtel in the current situation. 3000 IUC minutes is the maximum offering and 35 minutes average per day. People will consider this along with data.

Last edited:
will they bring back rccv 99 for unlimited call and zero data for calling facility only...!!!

We AirTel customers need the 84 days plan back under 400...Jio has it, Vodafone has it too...Yes the 6GB may not be enough for someone but there are several people like me who use wifi mostly & also since this plan is both on Jio & Voda, AirTel also should have it...

ELAVxI2UYAADfd9

Everywhere it's Circus going on in the country...Companies are themselves confused on what to do with their customers... :LOL: 😂 :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

They have taken down that tweet. Don't know if it's supposed to be revealed tomorrow and posted by mistake. Here are the plans..

E7U6G05.jpg

So this confirms that all existing plans would be changed to truly unlimited because if they provide 56 days truly unlimited for 399, it translates to 598 for 84 days.

It's indeed looks like a pre-planned drama. I think both VF and Airtel might be partner in crime. They were running in loss. The ARPU has reduced a lot. So played a smart move, most likely in partnership with VF, to increase the tariff and introduce fup in order to increase their revenue. Once Jio followed them, they changed gears and went back to truly unlimited. They know jio can't follow them this time (explained in my previous post on this thread) and would end up with higher tarrif and off-net FUP.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock