Airtel Rs 49 plan discontinued

Yeah. I don't use that number. I am retaining to have an Airtel sim. If I make an outgoing call using that number. I can save it for next 90 days from getting disconnected permanently by Airtel.
so i can save my airtel number by recharging 19 every 89 days and making a call or forwarded incoming call

so i can save my airtel number by recharging 19 every 89 days and making a call or forwarded incoming call
By making an outgoing call.

By making an outgoing call.
The last TRAI Consumer Handbook was released in 2018. It is available here:

As per the rules laid out by TRAI, refer Page 6, Section: Deactivation of a mobile connection due to non-usage
  1. No Prepaid mobile connection shall be deactivated on account of non-usage for a minimum period of 90 days.
  2. Non-usage means absence of any incoming or outgoing call or outgoing SMS or data session or usage or value added services or payment of rental.
  3. Beyond 90 days, an amount not exceeding Rs 20 shall be deducted from the Pre-paid account, if balance is available, for extension of the period of non-usage by 30 days at a time.
See Point 2 above. Even an "incoming call" is supposed to be considered as "Usage", hence, even if you get an incoming call, the Telcos are supposed to start the 90 days count from that day.
For Example, if you recharge Rs 19 on 11th August, validity is 2 days:
Outgoing Expires: 12th August
Incoming Expires: 19th August

Now, if you had received an incoming call on 19th August, then it should be considered as "Usage", so you have 90 days grace period starting 19th August, Hence, until 16th November. So your next "usage" should be on 16th November to avoid the "Rs 20 deduction" or the disconnection of number. Now, since Telcos completely disable outgoing and incoming calls after "Service Validity+7days", we're forced to recharge to be able to do a "usage" on that number, so well, again recharge of Rs 19 on 16th November.

However, the Telcos are not considering Incoming Call as "usage", they maintain that usage is supposed to be a "chargeable activity", although it is nowhere mentioned so in the TRAI rules/guidelines. Hence, to be on the safe side, I still count the 90 days as the last day from when I have done an outgoing call. So, in the above example:
Recharge Rs 19 on 11th August, validity is 2 days:
Outgoing Expires: 12th August (make an Outgoing Call on 12th August)

90 days period ends on 9th November, so you need to recharge on 9th November.

I have tried to fight a lot with the Telcos on this point, yet they will only treat usage as "chargeable activity".

The last TRAI Consumer Handbook was released in 2018. It is available here:

As per the rules laid out by TRAI, refer Page 6, Section: Deactivation of a mobile connection due to non-usage
  1. No Prepaid mobile connection shall be deactivated on account of non-usage for a minimum period of 90 days.
  2. Non-usage means absence of any incoming or outgoing call or outgoing SMS or data session or usage or value added services or payment of rental.
  3. Beyond 90 days, an amount not exceeding Rs 20 shall be deducted from the Pre-paid account, if balance is available, for extension of the period of non-usage by 30 days at a time.
See Point 2 above. Even an "incoming call" is supposed to be considered as "Usage", hence, even if you get an incoming call, the Telcos are supposed to start the 90 days count from that day.
For Example, if you recharge Rs 19 on 11th August, validity is 2 days:
Outgoing Expires: 12th August

Now, if you had received an incoming call on 19th August, then it should be considered as "Usage", so you have 90 days grace period starting 19th August, Hence, until 16th November. So your next "usage" should be on 16th November to avoid the "Rs 20 deduction" or the disconnection of number. Now, since Telcos completely disable outgoing and incoming calls after "Service Validity+7days", we're forced to recharge to be able to do a "usage" on that number, so well, again recharge of Rs 19 on 16th November.

However, the Telcos are not considering Incoming Call as "usage", they maintain that usage is supposed to be a "chargeable activity", although it is nowhere mentioned so in the TRAI rules/guidelines. Hence, to be on the safe side, I still count the 90 days as the last day from when I have done an outgoing call. So, in the above example:
Recharge Rs 19 on 11th August, validity is 2 days:
Outgoing Expires: 12th August (make an Outgoing Call on 12th August)

90 days period ends on 9th November, so you need to recharge on 9th November.

I have tried to fight a lot with the Telcos on this point, yet they will only treat usage as "chargeable activity".
Thank you, but it is violation of TRAI rule if trai said include incoming call why these telco only counting outgoing call/ sms

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock