Airtel Payments Bank - News & Updates

• Thread starter sasitnj
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 141
  • Views: Views 25,971
It's absurd. How can airtel open payments bank without users knowledge as it needs biometric verification with 100 rupees deposit.

It's absurd. How can airtel open payments bank without users knowledge as it needs biometric verification with 100 rupees deposit.

No money required, I open my account with with Rs 0 during verification. Also these are just useless things as customer cannot prove that he did not gave his approval to the store guy to open bank account who did aadhaar verification. So nobody can prove wrong doing against airtel

Last edited:
No money required, I open my account with with Rs 0 during verification
May be changed. I was asked to deposit 100. Only 50 was reflecting. After clicking the info icon, it says 50 is minimum Balance. But you did verification right?

May be changed. I was asked to deposit 100. Only 50 was reflecting. After clicking the info icon, it says 50 is minimum Balance. But you did verification right?
Yeah already did aadhaar verification and in my airtel account i hv currently Rs 0, Store also did not ask any money, he just entered 0 in that money field

May be changed. I was asked to deposit 100. Only 50 was reflecting. After clicking the info icon, it says 50 is minimum Balance.
That's all airtel store play

I too opened at zero cost thambi

And for biometrics verfication they used illegally aadhar mobile number biometric to open payment bank Account

UIDAI suspends Airtel, Airtel Payments Bank's e-KYC licence over Aadhaar misuse - ET Telecom

This essentially means Airtel would not be able to, in the interim, carry out 'electronic-verification' or link mobile SIMs of its customers with their 12-digit biometric national ID Aadhaar though the efficient and paperless eKYC (or electronic Know Your Customer) process of UIDAI.

The action follows allegations of Bharti Airtel using the Aadhaar-eKYC based SIM verification process to open payments bank accounts of its subscribers without their 'informed consent'. UIDAI also took strong objection to allegations that such payments bank accounts are being linked to receive LPG subsidy.

Within days of getting a rap on its knuckles, Airtel on Monday offered to return Rs. 190 crore subsidy that had flown 'unsolicitedly' into the Payments Bank accounts of its 31 lakh mobile phone subscribers, sources said.

Airtel wrote to National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) on Monday promising to return Rs. 190 crore (along with interest) to the consumers' original bank accounts that were linked to the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT), sources familiar with the development told PTI.

Airtel Payments Bank To Return Rs 190 Crore Cooking Gas Subsidy

I am unable to understand it. How did they change the gas subsidy linked A/c to their payments bank a/c?

I am unable to understand it. How did they change the gas subsidy linked A/c to their payments bank a/c?

There are two way to get gas subsidy, first directly submit bank account number detail and IFSC to gas dealer and second only submit aadhaar detail, if you have done the first then there will not be any issue, but if you did the second then in which bank account you have used aadhaar last, subsidy amount will go to that last account, here airtel is the last bank account they have opened so money goes to airtel bank

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock