Seeking Help Reopening Airtel Payments Bank account

• Thread starter Homer
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 6
  • Views: Views 4,152

Homer

Reaction score
I have closed my airtel payments bank account but now I have lost access to airtel wallet. Is it possible to reopen airtel payments bank account?

Yes, it is possible. I have did it last year. You need to do KYC again and a new Airtel Payments Bank account will be opened with same number.

Is it still using adhaar or can we use other documents? Day before yesterday they updated my kyc in ckyc registry even though the account was closed about an year ago. They uploaded a pp size photo of me but I don't remember giving it to them.

Is it still using adhaar or can we use other documents? Day before yesterday they updated my kyc in ckyc registry even though the account was closed about an year ago. They uploaded a pp size photo of me but I don't remember giving it to them.
U can check your ckyc Staus yourself .

After more than a year, I finally visited Airtel store to reopen payments bank account. The process was just like opening a new account and the account was activated instantly. Now the problem is that, I can add money only through Debit Card. Can't receive money through UPI/NEFT/IMPS. Sending money using IMPS worked. If anyone know any solution to this problem please let me know.

Update:
One thing I failed to notice was my account number was changed from phone number to a completely new one. In UPI section, I had to unlink my old payments bank account number and link my new one. Now UPI and NEFT are working properly in new account number.
For opening file in email statement, I have to give old account number.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock