Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul1117kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 61
  • Views Views: Views 12,022
Ok, I have the Visa card version which I had directly got through Axis since it was not available to apply through the Airtel thanks app at the time. I want to convert it to Rupay but currently the bank doesn't offer that option so I'm waiting for the RBI mandate of choice of card network to set in on 6th September after that I might apply through Airtel thanks app and see if I can get the Rupay variant, if I get it then I'll cancel the Visa one.
Airtel thanks app was showing that Im not eligible for that card so I applied through Axis website than I applied through Axis Open App and got my digital card instantly because I already have axis flipkart credit card.
According to axis website also I m not eligible but thanks to Axis Open App to process my card easily.

Actually this card not getting easily approval.

Last edited:
I applied this Airtel Axis credit card two days ago via the Axis Bank website. So, I am sharing my onboarding experience with it.

I have two Axis Bank credit cards already. So I checked with CC to see if any upgrade offer is available to get this card, but unfortunately, as per CC, I can upgrade to all other available cards except this one. The CC insisted on getting any other card from them, or I should apply this card from the Airtel Thanks app. I was like, what a bummer!

Then, I found that it can be applied through the Axis Bank website. On the application page, only Mastercard variant was shown, no RuPay variant, and I checked with CC too. They were like this card has no RuPay variant. I went ahead and proceeded with the Mastercard variant, and once the application was successfully submitted, I got a note saying I will be contacted by a bank person for physical KYC for address verification. I was disappointed again because, being a long-time Axis CCs holder, I expected quicker approval with no verification or verification using video/online KYC.

I was waiting for the bank agent to visit my place to do the physical KYC and process my application further, but no one contacted me to date. Surprisingly, after two days (that is today, 5 Oct 2024), I checked Axis Open app this afternoon and under credit cards section this card was listed with a heading "Your new Airtel Mastercard awaits ✨️ ". Turns out I can already access the virtual card number and CVV. But I can not activate it without the activation code that they have not yet dispatched.

I visited the Axis Bank Credit Card application tracking site and tracked my application again to see if there's been any progress, but there has been no progress to it since yesterday.

It still says:
Your Credit Card application has been processed and is undergoing an eligibility check. The status of the same will be informed to you within 3 working days.

I have not received any approval SMS or email either. So now I wonder it's whether it's already approved or going to be approved soon or what. 👀

I applied through axis open app and got instant approval.
Actually their application tracking system is too slow. It will update later. You will get you physical card soon @Bapun bro.

I applied through axis open app and got instant approval.
Actually their application tracking system is too slow. It will update later. You will get you physical card soon @Bapun bro.
Thanks bro. No video KYC or physical KYC was done for my application while it said physical KYC will be done so I got confused. But I am happy that it got approved smoothly. 🙂

Thanks bro. No video KYC or physical KYC was done for my application while it said physical KYC will be done so I got confused. But I am happy that it got approved smoothly. 🙂
First I applied through axis website with video kyc. But my card got rejected. At same time I also applied through Open app credit card section and got instant approval without any kyc. Im already user of flipkart axis credit card.
So you will get your card for sure bro without any kyc 😅

Does Axis even provide video KYC option? From my experience so far, it always asks for physical verification. Even when applying for Flipkart Axis. All other cards that I applied for (SBI, ICICI, Kotak) had video KYC facility. Very convenient.

Just about two weeks ago, I saw new card offer on Axis app. I already had 2.
Proceed with application and 3-4 eligible cards were showing. Went with Airtel Mastercard and received the digital card almost instantly and used it right away.
But ‘Unboxing’ was possible only after card delivery.

Applied through airtel app and got it immediately since already had axis card.

They do have. Please search 'axis bank credit card video kyc' on YouTube. ;)
Yes. That's the thing. I have seen people getting video KYC option on YouTube, but for some reason I never got it. Maybe it's limited to some cities. 🤔

Back
Top Bottom