After Jio Prime Announcement, Airtel Said to Offer 10GB Additional Data at Rs. 100

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Airtel is reportedly offering its postpaid customers up to 10GB additional 3G or 4G data at just Rs. 100. The move by Airtel can be seen as an after effect of Reliance Jio Prime subscription plan announcement made on Tuesday.

Update : Airtel has reached out to Gadgets 360 saying that the 10GB data offer has been available to select users for few weeks and is not a new offer.

Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani on Tuesday revamped the company's Reliance Jio offerings and announced the new Reliance Jio Prime subscription that will offer unlimited services at a nominal price. Airtel's latest move will mean that postpaid subscribers in India will be able to opt for the additional data benefit by just paying Rs. 100. It's worth mentioning that Airtel postpaid subscribers to avail the 10GB 4G data at just Rs. 100 will need to have a 4G smartphone.

As before, Airtel is likely to offer 4G services in nearly 22 circles in India, and for the other non-4G circles, the company will provide 3G data against this offer. Similar to Airtel's earlier offers, the new "Surprise Offer" may require users to avail the free benefit via the MyAirtel app. The 10GB data is likely to be valid only for 28 days.

The Airtel offer was first reported by India Today Tech, and it added that the "Surprise Offer" by the telecom company will be in addition to an existing plan subscribed by the postpaid customers. Unfortunately, Airtel's offer of 10GB data at just Rs. 100 isn't available to all postpaid users. Gadgets 360 has written to Airtel to get a clarification on the new "Surprise offer."

This is not the first time when Airtel has bumped the data offering at a minimal price. Last year, Airtel offered up to 10GB data at a price of Rs. 259.

After Jio Prime Announcement, Airtel Said to Offer 10GB Additional Data at Rs. 100 | NDTV Gadgets360.com

Update: Airtel has reached out to Gadgets 360 saying that the 10GB data offer has been available to select users for few weeks and is not a new offer.

4a59539bc9de7516c27c6315c29b6277.jpg

cc8dc536a1cc621925f77975ee4e839a.jpg

123e113551ef9c31bbd124a4afcf91b5.jpg

I think my friend got this a week back. I'm not sure but he sent me yday

Me also getting only 1GB data @100rs

My current post paid plan offers

Unlimited calls and 7GB data at 500RS/month

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock