Aakash tablet maker DataWind receives award for the Best Tablet Brand 2016

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
DataWind Inc. the leader in delivering internet access to emerging markets, has been recognized for the Best Tablet Brand 2016 at the 6th Digital Terminal Awards 2016, New Delhi. This Award is given to a manufacturer who has demonstrated innovative approach and efforts aimed at addressing the chronic issues of connectivity for the forgotten billion in India with its low cost internet connectivity Tablets.

At the 6th Digital Terminal Awards 2016 Mr. Lakhbir Singh Tuli, Mentor & Founder, DataWind Inc. was honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award. The Award is conferred to an individual who has done exceptional work in the field of IT and Telecom. Upon receiving the award, Mr. Lakhbir Singh Tuli said, “I am deeply touched and honored for this recognition. As the founder of DataWind, when I helped my sons to start this business, I always taught them a principle that technology should be created for the purpose of benefitting humanity and this is what DataWind is focused on. We are trying to create technology that will empower people with better education and better data connectivity.”

Over 300 dignitaries were present at the 6th DT Awards Night included CMDs, Chairmen, CEOs, COO and senior people from policy formulators, market researchers & industry analysts, handset vendors, operators, OTT players, telecom vendors, VAS providers, consultants/System Integrators/VAR’s, trade associations & media amongst others gather to witness the winners of award night and celebrate their success.

On receiving the award Mr. Suneet Singh Tuli, President and CEO of DataWind said, “I am grateful and humbled with this acknowledgement. We thank the organizers for the recognition. Awards like these give us a sense of satisfaction and motivate us to continue the journey to bridge the digital divide. DataWind’s low cost Internet-enabled products allow everyone to join the digital age. Introducing technologically advanced devices at the most affordable prices, we will continue to invest in innovative technologies and solutions to bring connectivity to the forgotten billions.”

DataWind was recognized for making UbiSlate, the low cost, affordable internet connectivity devices accessible to people at the grass root level and in turn making a transformational impact to the Indian Tech industry. Placed as a top tablet maker in last three quarters, DataWind has received global attention as the company implements its vision of connecting billions of people to the internet. The company is the only firm to offer free internet browsing for 1 year on all its devices. He further added “DataWind has recently launched the world’s most affordable 4G tablet breaking the affordability barrier for the first time in this segment. With the launch of our first 4G tablet we strive to provide our customers blazing high speed of internet at minimal cost.”

Aakash tablet maker DataWind receives award for the Best Tablet Brand 2016 | Latest Tech News, Video & Photo Reviews at BGR India

What a joke. :rofl

Such pathetic quality of Tabs they make that even Micromax looks like Apple in front of them

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock