7 Coaches of Shaktipunj Express Derail in UP’s Sonbhadra District

• Thread starter Sagar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 2,082

Sagar

Contributor
Reaction score
Seven coaches of the Shaktipunj Express have derailed near Obara Railway Station in Sonbhadra, Uttar Pradesh. The train was on its way to Jabalpur from Howrah. The incident took place at around 6 am on Thursday.

No casualties have been reported so far.

“All passengers were accommodated in the remaining coaches and by 7:28 am the train had left for its destination. All of them are safe and no one was injured in the accident. Railway Minister Piyush Goyal has been briefed,” Railway ministry spokesperson Anil Saxena said.

The train was running at a speed of about 40 km/hr which, officials say, prevented any injuries when the incident occurred.

https://www.thequint.com/news/india/7-coaches-of-shaktipunj-express-derail-in-ups-sonbhadra-district

My take is that in phased manner or in zones works should be taken up to modernize or repair the entire tracks over the breadth of the country by taking up those which are accident prone.Data analytics or previous data will help in this case.Challenge is the manpower for Railways.

I THINK PEOPLE DONT WANT BULLET TRAIN BUT WANT SECURITY AND STOP THIS TYPE OF ACCIDENT

What happening in railway dept. Keep on accident happening :wall::wall::verysad::angry::dodgy::dodgy:

Your answer is here

Officials say that around 30,000 trackmen work at the homes of senior officials. They have been asked to resume duties.

People aware of the development in the ministry say that in the past one month around 6,000-7,000 personnel have reported back to work. “No one will be exempt from the directive to rejoin work except under very special circumstances. We are hoping that all the staff will join work shortly,” a senior official of the ministry said.

Railways ends 36-year-old VIP culture, managers not mandated to receive board members

If 30,000 railway workers work as a domestic helper of senior officials then who will maintain tracks ?

damn !! stop going by d train.....

I feel, some ant-social elements are breaking d tracks, otherwise so many accidents are just impossible.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock