• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 107
  • Views: Views 26,223

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
The new government is pressing ahead with the auction of 5G spectrum within six months, despite the industry showing little interest in the sale on account of exorbitant base prices.

Ravi Shankar Prasad, the newly appointed telecom minister, said the government would hold a mega spectrum auction, including 5G, and that 5G trials would start within the next 100 days.

“I am of the belief that in the current calendar year, we will auction spectrum. We have adequate spectrum available,” he said after taking charge of the ministry.

The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) has recommended the auction of about 8,644 MHz of spectrum, including those for 5G services, at an estimated total base price of Rs 4.9 lakh crore.

Both Vodafone Idea and Bharti Aitel have opposed the auction. Vodafone Idea has said an auction was not feasible until next year as the industry needed time to develop India-specific applications for 5G. Airtel has categorically said the reserves prices set by the telecom regulator were too high.

Push for 5G auction

Wait for auction when bidding all these operator will fight for 5g spectrum like cat and mouse

I always felt that Airtel's 5G can destroy Jio's Giga plans. I don't need a wired network. If I am getting better speed on a wireless network.

I'm not happy , they should not have let both Chinese companies to participate..they might get all remaining data if they get access to all devices which are internet ready . Especially when they already have Major market share & access in both hardware & software (apps) access in India. they might use it to their advantage.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock