5G Development in India - News & Discussions

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 107
  • Views: Views 26,390
Expected to see speed and latency test. Disappointed. 😪

Source

I think BIF and other tech giant should agree with DCC and TRAI’s second alternative
1)these tech companies should be allowed to get spectrum from telecom license holder
2) unbundling telco license in two part, network prover, bulk spectrum holding companies at level 1
–and level 2 light touch license VNO-public networks and CPWN-tech/non tech .

in both case spectrum is sovereign property of nation, DOT is governing body
level1-License holder are authorized agent of administration work and maintain QOS and revenue stream
telco-public or private network are consumers for spectrum to facilitate any commercial activities as per companies law

What your take on my thought @Esmail @kanagadeepan

Last edited:
I think BIF and other tech giant should agree with DCC and TRAI’s second alternative
1)these tech companies should be allowed to get spectrum from telecom license holder
2) unbundling telco license in two part, network prover, bulk spectrum holding companies at level 1
–and level 2 light touch license VNO-public networks and CPWN-tech/non tech .

in both case spectrum is sovereign property of nation, DOT is governing body
level1-License holder are authorized agent of administration work and maintain QOS and revenue stream
telco-public or private network are consumers for spectrum to facilitate any commercial activities as per companies law

What your take on my thought @Esmail @kanagadeepan
I belive tech companies should not be allocated the spectrum administratively, they should have to get it through a telco only. The telcos can bid for millimetre wave spectrum on a circle level and then use it to set up captive networks for these tech companies limited within their premises just like setting up a mesh wifi network but using 5G standard instead. And they can use that same spectrum across the circle in different locations for different enterprises and earn revenue from it. If the dot gives it to the tech companies directly then telcos will see no point in bidding for it on a circle level since commercial 5G rollout will be done using mid band and sub 2GHz spectrum to achieve good blanket coverage, mm wave can only make business sense from the enterprise level implementation.

I belive tech companies should not be allocated the spectrum administratively,
i also think so, but if at all tech companies want spectrum on urgently and telco didnt have brought in last aution in such cases only ad-hoc prosional spectrum on the basis of some lincae can allocated for limited period 6months-2years, 600-APT band.
they can use that same spectrum across the circle in different locations for different enterprises and earn revenue from it.
BIF is just misguiding , selling same spectrum by telco to different enterprise at different locations generate more revenue to govt
commercial 5G rollout will be done using mid band and sub 2GHz spectrum
you reference to n78 and n28. right?

one more thing i want Mr Ashwini Vaishnaw should be doing in cabinet approval is
APT600 and n28-700mhz spectrum to be allocated with 30 year validity with strict penalty based condition for fulfilling rollout obligations as per new recommended by TRAI.
this will help Bharat to be fully being digital India status before 6g,

BIF is just misguiding , selling same spectrum by telco to different enterprise at different locations generate more revenue to govt
The government will be at loss if they decide to allocate spectrum directly to tech companies since the tech companies will only buy it for their location and pay the government only that much. But due to this they will lose out on the revenue of the telecom companies which would have bought the same spectrum at a circle wide level and would have paid the government much more.

you reference to n78 and n28. right?
Right

APT600 and n28-700mhz spectrum to be allocated with 30 year validity
The validity for all spectrum will be the same in the auction and not differ from band to band. Most probably it will be auctioned with 20 year validity. Also I expect all operators to skip bidding for APT600 since it has not been formally recognised as a band by ITU yet and there is no device ecosystem for it yet. Instead they can bid for n28 now that the prices have been slashed.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock