57% of Reliance Jio users feel data speed faster than rivals: Study

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
More than a half or 57% of Reliance Jio subscribers feel that the telco’s data speed was faster than that of rival companies, according to a Bank of America Merrill Lynch ( BoAML) finding released Wednesday.

Of the total 10 crore Jio user base, BoAML has conducted an online survey of 1,000 Jio customers across India with a majority of them say that data speed offer by Mumbai-based new entrant was much faster than competition which is slightly higher than the December 2016 finding of 55%.

“57% of respondents felt Jio’s data speed was much faster than competition. Over one-third agreed that speeds were faster but were inconsistent,” BoAML in its study said, adding that only 7.6% of those surveyed believe Jio’s data services to be at par or lower.

The previous December finding however pointed out that 10.5% individuals were not satisfied with data services.

Mukesh Ambani-owned Reliance Jio and Sunil Mittal-driven Bharti Airtel has entered into a bitter spat on the backdrop of Washington-based Internet metrics firm Ookla ’s Speedtest attributing arch rival Airtel as the India’s fastest network.

The report also highlights that 84% of Jio users were expected to subscribe to the Prime offer, after the conclusion of Jio freebies ending March 31.

70% of individuals prefer the Rs 303/month plan with 96% suggest they will pay for Jio (84% through the Prime offer, and 12% on non-Prime plans), the statement added.

Nearly 80% of Jio users, according to new study, recall their mobile number and 92% of those surveyed have shared it with their contacts.

The finding also revealed that 65% of the Jio users have it as a primary SIM, with a quarter using it as secondary SIM. In the December survey, nearly 50% were using Jio SIM in the primary slot.

Over time, there has been a sharp improvement in voice calling, and according to finding, around 66% of Jio users faced difficulty to get through to other networks – with 19% citing extreme difficulty, from 78% in December with more than a third citing extreme difficulty.

57% of Reliance Jio users feel data speed faster than rivals: Study, Telecom News, ET Telecom

It may be due to 1gb/day.
When it was 4gb/day then users were using freely but after December customers using it very wisely:)

thisisjagan said:
65% users are primary sim users [emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15]

After reading this, i doubt this survey....
Many people don't have 4G enabled in second slot. Also, there's a myth that Jio doesn't work properly on secondary slot. These could be the reasons for that result.

thisisjagan said:
65% users are primary sim users [emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15]

After reading this, i doubt this survey....
Bro, by primary sim, they meant the user have placed the sim in primary slot of their device.
There are very less people who have Jio as their primary number.. 65% is out of question.

Ritesh said:
Bro, by primary sim, they meant the user have placed the sim in primary slot of their device.
There are very less people who have Jio as their primary number.. 65% is out of question.

ilikered said:
Many people don't have 4G enabled in second slot. Also, there's a myth that Jio doesn't work properly on secondary slot. These could be the reasons for that result.

The finding also revealed that 65% of the Jio users have it as a primary SIM, with a quarter using it as secondary SIM. In the December survey, nearly 50% were using Jio SIM in the primary slot.

Read the last line... If they specify about slot in first 2 lines, why is the 3rd line specified....

Again a longggggggggg post from thread starter ..

After request from ddf member and team for reducing
the post content size ..

I don't what is the pblm in posting 3 to 5 para then giving article link ..

thisisjagan said:

Read the last line... If they specify about slot in first 2 lines, why is the 3rd line specified....
Then seriously this survey can't be trusted, imo.

Gobinaath said:
Again a longggggggggg post from thread starter ..

After request from ddf member and team for reducing
the post content size ..

I don't what is the pblm in posting 3 to 5 para then giving article link ..

I just posted imp info not all info, I did remove unwanted info, bro Even I don't want to post whole article but only imp information.

No doubt on this survey me meeting most of the people and they ask me everytime the same question 'Bhaiya 31 March Ke Baad Jio Mein Konsa Recharge Karaoo' and that's clearly indicate that Jio is continuously working on speed. And, people are even not moving to rivals even though they provide them best offers.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock