Zomato - News and Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Napster
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 78
  • Views Views: Views 19,730
There is now almost ZERO benefits of using Zomato or Swiggy, IMHO. Their prices are always VERY VERY high nowadays (even after the "offers/coupons" applied) or quantity VERY low (or both sometimes). So stopped using them in hometown long back.

When away from town, I just have one meal a day and directly go to the restaurant using my client's 2 wheeler (which I will return back when leaving that city). Only when I want to try a trial order with a new restaurant (for me), I use them (mostly for a change or from a relatively far away and / or new location). During heavy rain the food prices will go even further up in Zomato and so at those times, I will just eat in the restaurant in my Lodge (costly - but cheaper than Zomato during rains). When I was very late back from work, I just go for a walk nearby and enjoy the street food for very very low price.

My relative who is having restaurant, says that Zomato takes 30% cut, so they have to reduce the quantity sometimes. But still I have seen prices almost 50% more than real Menu prices in Zomato. Further the restaurant offers (20% or 30% off in a particular restaurant) shown in app is also gets reduced in restaurant part only.

In hometown, I usually order food by phone and when I reach there, the pacel food will be ready. But sadly not everyone can do this and that's why these cos are making a killing. So for the floating population, Zomato makes sense. But for fixed population, it is now better to avoid or at the max reduce the usage, imho.

Zomato to be rebranded as Eternal Limited soon,
1) Zomato
2) Blinkit
3) Hyperpure
will be the sub-brands under it

Grocery section added to Zomato app in Mumbai after Blinkit integration.
nTswvSk.png

A Gurugram resident ordered biryani from Hyderabad through the Zomato’s new intercity feature but received only salan.

• The pilot run is currently underway in three cities namely New Delhi, Hyderabad and Ahmedabad
  • Disbursement claims also soared 5.5X in FY22 compared to FY21: Zomato
  • Zomato has come under fire for reducing driver margins and increasing work hours for many of its workers

Back
Top Bottom