Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 - Redmi Note 5 Pro (News, Discussions & Updates)

Hi guys. Any hope of any Android Security patch level update on Redmi Note 5 Pro?
The last one is dated 05-11-2020, if I am not wrong. Has anyone got any later security update?

Got MIUI12 Version 12.0.2.0 PEIMIXM today, 20-Jan-2021. they have updated the Redmi logo to the new logo now (on boot up).
The 679MB update failed, as usual. After that downloaded the whole 1.9GB package and updated now. 3 years down the line, I am happy with this phone still getting updates. It went from Android 7 to 8 to 9, and MIUI 9 to 10 to 11 to 12. Wow!

All this for a solid Rs 13,999 (in Feb'2018)! And do not forget the stunning 20 Megapixel Selfie Camera. This phone is a legend. Even the Note 6, Note 7 series didn't live up as much as the Note 5 Pro. I have literally used up the entire juice of this phone and still it's rocking.
Just saw my own comment dated 20-Jan-2021. I am still using this phone and it's been five years now. Fantabulous phone. This is still my primary phone.
Android version is 9 Pie, MIUI version is MIUI12 (12.0.2.0).
Android Security Patch level is 05-Nov-2020.

Just saw my own comment dated 20-Jan-2021. I am still using this phone and it's been five years now. Fantabulous phone. This is still my primary phone.
Android version is 9 Pie, MIUI version is MIUI12 (12.0.2.0).
Android Security Patch level is 05-Nov-2020.
Time to upgrade. From 14nm to 6nm. Poco X5 Pro at 20999.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock