Discussion Xiaomi Mi A3 & A3 Lite - News & updates

LOL. Me when I find someone using the sh#tfaced Mi A3:
wut-5a0265.jpg
Why, what's the reason? IMO, this device is not that bad!

Nokia 8.1 was around 20k
Wrong. Launched at 27k. Went down to 20k, now at 17k
that too is not bad considering Mi A3' has sAmoled
At a lower resolution, whose quality sucks while browsing.
u came up with 1 year old device with practically everything inferior apart from display
Ehm. Better processor on the 8.1.
Why, what's the reason? IMO, this device is not that bad!
The display sucks bro. Not because it's amoled, but the type of amoled Xiaomi has gone for in this phone, combined with the resolution of it. Over time when using this phone, one will realise the pixelation as well as burnout, not to mention the infamous random red pixels because of this technology. If Xiaomi had gone for another amoled technology, I wouldn't be cribbering about this phone rn.

Wrong. Launched at 27k. Went down to 20k, now at 17k

At a lower resolution, whose quality sucks while browsing.

Ehm. Better processor on the 8.1.

The display sucks bro. Not because it's amoled, but the type of amoled Xiaomi has gone for in this phone, combined with the resolution of it. Over time when using this phone, one will realise the pixelation as well burnout, not to mention the infamous random red pixels because of this technology. If Xiaomi had gone for another amoled technology, I wouldn't be cribbering about this phone rn.
It's
Over time me when using this phone, one will realise the pixelation as well as burnout, not to mention the infamous random red pixels because of this technology.
As i mentioned earlier it has all the things i need so why look furthur at old devices u mentioned.
May be for a person using a Flagship it would seem sub par bt I'm satisfied with the performance.
Much better than 6.1 plus and much cheaper than 8.1,moreover Latest One.

The display sucks bro. Not because it's amoled, but the type of amoled Xiaomi has gone for in this phone, combined with the resolution of it. Over time when using this phone, one will realise the pixelation as well as burnout, not to mention the infamous random red pixels because of this technology. If Xiaomi had gone for another amoled technology, I wouldn't be cribbering about this phone rn.
Sure, but your reaction was very surprising, given the price of the device and the features it packs. Agreed that the display is not great, but it's really not that bad of a device for its price that we have to laugh at anyone who bought it. There is no other latest Android One device at this price range right now. Nokia devices that you mentioned are around a year old, which means they will get OS updates only for another year and security updates for another two years (The Android One brand promises regular security updates for three years, and Android OS updates for two years)

Also, according to the reviews of this device, though the display is definitely a negative factor, there are a lot of positives as well. It all depends on what's the priority of the buyer. Surely, @KuLpreet Singh bro must be knowing better, as he is using the device.

And what is the red pixels issue you mentioned, as I don't seem to find anyone facing this issue on this device? Are you talking about that issue on this type of display in general?

Agreed that the display is not great, but it's really not that bad of a device for its price that we have to laugh at anyone who bought it.
Bro, over time he will get to know, because👇🏻
And what is the red pixels issue you mentioned, as I don't seem to find anyone facing this issue on this device? Are you talking about that issue on this type of display in general?
Exactly. I'm talking about the technology. It would have been good if it was 1080p, but 720p would be a deal breaker, given this is a 6" phone and has 720p. Read this, you'll get a better idea: Xiaomi Mi A3 review .

I've had the Galaxy S3 in the past, and the experience was... meh.. the display wasn't that bad but it wasn't great either... so much that it prompted me to upgrade to S4 the moment it arrived, and then I finally heaved a sigh of relief..
Surely, @KuLpreet Singh bro must be knowing better, as he is using the device.
Even I've had a hands on of this device. Kinda deja vu galaxy S3 again, just by looking at the display.
There is no other latest Android One device at this price range right now
Wait 1 more week and we'll have Nokia (5.2,) 6.2 and 7.2, starting at ₹12k then going upwards..

Bro, over time he will get to know, because👇🏻

Exactly. I'm talking about the technology. It would have been good if it was 1080p, but 720p would be a deal breaker, given this is a 6" phone and has 720p. Read this, you'll get a better idea: Xiaomi Mi A3 review .
Ok, I read the review. They gave a decent 4 Stars for the device, unlike the complete rejection or deal-breaker like you said and they didn't make fun of it either. According to the review, one will get used to the display over time. Some of their review points on the display below.

So, did we notice pixelization? Yes, especially on solid colored backgrounds. What about jagged text? All the time? Are those deal-breakers? It depends!

Indeed, the low-res AMOLED suffers because of the PenTile matrix, but it's quite easy to get used to not see the tiny spikes on the letters and the dotted backgrounds. We are not saying you have to do it at all costs, but you really can. And then you can reap the benefits of the lower 720p resolution such as flagship-grade gaming performance across all modern games. How about that?

We are not sure why Xiaomi opted for a 720p display, but by doing so it made the Mi A3 a gaming phone on the budget. And we can very well live with that.

From the above points, it's clear that the display is not the best and it's not worst too. At the same time there are advantages too in terms of gaming because of lower resolution.

Even I've had a hands on of this device. Kinda deja vu galaxy S3 again, just by looking at the display.
Hands-on for a few hours or a day is completely different from using it as a daily driver. If you are using high-resolution devices and all of a sudden had to use this device for some time, you would certainly feel it's very bad. However, if you continue using the device for longer periods, eyes will eventually get used to it and you will no longer feel anything, especially if you don't look at other high-resolution devices.

Wait 1 more week and we'll have Nokia (5.2,) 6.2 and 7.2, starting at ₹12k then going upwards..
I spoke about the current scenario, not talking about the future. Of course, there will be new devices every week.

And bro, Galaxy S3 was launched for 43k that too in 2012. If Samsung didn't provide FHD at that price tag, we can be critical about it. But at 13k price tag, this is definitely not something to be that critical IMO. iPhone XR with 4 times higher price tag doesn't carry FHD display and it also has a similar screen size.

The point here is, @KuLpreet Singh bro already bought the device, and there is no reason to make fun of that decision or discourage him. Hope you understand.

Ok, I read the review. They gave a decent 4 Stars for the device, unlike the complete rejection or deal-breaker like you said and they didn't make fun of it either. According to the review, one will get used to the display over time. Some of their review points on the display below.

So, did we notice pixelization? Yes, especially on solid colored backgrounds. What about jagged text? All the time? Are those deal-breakers? It depends!

Indeed, the low-res AMOLED suffers because of the PenTile matrix, but it's quite easy to get used to not see the tiny spikes on the letters and the dotted backgrounds. We are not saying you have to do it at all costs, but you really can. And then you can reap the benefits of the lower 720p resolution such as flagship-grade gaming performance across all modern games. How about that?

We are not sure why Xiaomi opted for a 720p display, but by doing so it made the Mi A3 a gaming phone on the budget. And we can very well live with that.

From the above points, it's clear that the display is not the best and it's not worst too. At the same time there are advantages too in terms of gaming because of lower resolution.

Hands-on for a few hours or a day is completely different from using it as a daily driver. If you are using high-resolution devices and all of a sudden had to use this device for some time, you would certainly feel it's very bad. However, if you continue using the device for longer periods, eyes will eventually get used to it and you will no longer feel anything, especially if you don't look at other high-resolution devices.

I spoke about the current scenario, not talking about the future. Of course, there will be new devices every week.

And bro, Galaxy S3 was launched for 43k that too in 2012. If Samsung didn't provide FHD at that price tag, we can be critical about it. But at 13k price tag, this is definitely not something to be that critical IMO. iPhone XR with 4 times higher price tag doesn't carry FHD display and it also has a similar screen size.

The point here is, @KuLpreet Singh bro already bought the device, and there is no reason to make fun of that decision or discourage him. Hope you understand.
It is this IPhone Xr(HD+) which is the best selling iPhone from LST year. And people buy it for gaming purpose specially irrespective of the display.
Yes, it is hard to use HD once u r accustomed to the FHD bt my previous device was of similar resolution so Display was no deal breaker for me.
I think we have presented our POV and I Don't mind his opinion at all.Just hope to get new update along with September Security Patch.
Let the matter be buried.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock